By Anna - 20/01/2019 16:00

Today, I went into a gynecology appointment to find out my IUD had apparently fallen out without me knowing. What tipped me off? My pregnancy test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 774
You deserved it 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sublimechica4 7

After 12 years and my second IUD, I've never once been able to find or feel the strings!!!! I just don't have periods, so I assume it's working. So not her fault. I wish you the best of luck in whatever choice you make OP!

Kymberly Hams 12

it hasnt necessarily fallen out, there have been babies born with the iud coming out during birth also. its not 100% op

Comments

ViviMage 38

They do train you to check the strings! YDI

justpickone 12

never once did they mention that to me when I had mine

U lost ur IUD, so ur becoming a MILF, LOL!

Kymberly Hams 12

it hasnt necessarily fallen out, there have been babies born with the iud coming out during birth also. its not 100% op

The gynecologist must have confirmed what she should have known from checking the strings, like every woman who gets an IUD is taught and told to do at least monthly, if not weekly. OP should have been checking, so she would have known unprotected sex with her partner wasn't safe. Not knowing when it falls out is one thing. Not following doctor's orders and checking to see if it's in place is just asking for trouble. Clearly.

sublimechica4 7

I've had my IUD for 12 years and have never ever even once been able to find or feel them. It's so not her fault!

Your gynecologist would have taught you how to examine whether or not it's in place after it was put in. Sucks that you're preggo when you clearly didn't wan't too be, but YDI for not following your doctor's orders on it.

crazycrochetlady 12

Mine didnt either time. Some dont bother telling you to check. Husband hit it a fair amount of times for me to know it was there so I never bothered checking.

You had a very neglectful gynecologist, then. Had your IUD fallen out because you didn't know to check it and you got pregnant, you actually could have sued that individual.

iceberg 10

Dumb enough to let someone cum in you. U had it coming

Reangerer 2

Like your Mom was? Then she let you come to term, gotta say, shes got the same hope as Robert Midgely. And roughly the same effect on the world.

sublimechica4 7

After 12 years and my second IUD, I've never once been able to find or feel the strings!!!! I just don't have periods, so I assume it's working. So not her fault. I wish you the best of luck in whatever choice you make OP!