By fisherman - 23/01/2010 10:12 - United States

Today, I went fishing with friends looking to catch big redfish. During the trip, one of the men caught a 50 pound monster which I put away. At the end of the trip they wanted to take a picture with it. I went to wash off the fish in the water. Apparently the fish wasn't dead and swam away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 934
You deserved it 35 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I fish for redfish commercially, and I know that they may appear dead for hours however some still stay alive. they are tough bastards, and they are freakin sharp

Tromboneguy29 0

Just a fish? Have you ever caught a 50 pound redfish? That's definently a big deal. But anyway, you shouldv made sure it was dead. FYL

Comments

For all you vegan hippies, shut up about fishing being cruel. Look at your teeth in a mirror. You see those pointed ones in the front? Know what they're designed for? Eating meat. Humans are designed to eat meat. Animals are designed to be eaten. It's completely natural. If human stopped eating animals, it would take out a huge link in the food chain, and animal populations would swell, and there wouldn't be enough food for all of the animals. Keep animal populations under control: eat meat!

Dear 84, The cows and chickens that most people eat are not from a wild ecosystem where the words "food chain" come into it. They are raised in ridiculous numbers that the natural environment can't support. Cattle pollute water sources, and reduce plant biodiversity where they graze (leading to reduced productivity and sustainability of ecosystems in terms of nutrient uptake, which means that nitrates and other critical nutrients leech out of the ecosystem). In the US, for every one pound of meat obtained from a cow, 16 pounds of grain are used up. This is a big deal to more than the vegan hippies; it also seems to be important to those interested in starvation all over the world, and the as grain shortages that make it even more difficult to feed the poor and the suffering. If you are eating meat that was not hunted, you have nothing to do with a natural food chain. The ONLY time eating meat has any effect to control animal populations in a natural environment is when it is not meat raised for eating. The generalized statements you made in the last three quarters of your comment suggested to me that you had no idea what the case regarding meat actually was, and so I felt called to educate you.

85 - The "16 pounds of grain" that it takes to produce beef isn't something that people eat, it's the shitty, low quality leftover grain that nobody wants. Feeding it to cattle isn't taking anything away from people.

ajmint 1

Hahaha! YDI; "plenty more fish in the sea"? I think not.

stormin972 0

Whats with the epic post 85? Eating meat is natural. Eating processed soy is not. Don't push your views on the rest of us. I'm glad you don't eat meat. More for the rest of us.

85 - You make some good points, but the OP (and 84 for that matter) were talking about fishing in the ocean, in which case the meat *was* taken from the wild. Those arguments might hold up for a stocked pond.

thekillercure21 0

85, the poor aren't given grain, they're given real food or at least food stamps, which account for actual food. I seriously doubt your statistic as well, but even if it did stand true, the nutrients in 1 pound of meet > the nutrients in 16 pounds of grain. Hungry and suffering people don't need stomachs full of crap, they need the nutrients that will keep them alive. And your sarcasm in that last sentence was just unnecessary. Pretty arrogant and asshole-ish as well. Besides, the OP is just stupid. Why the hell would you want to wash a fish for any reason other than to cook it?

You deserved it. You cant keep a redfish over 27in in Florida( about a 5lb fish). Nice job breaking the law. Look it up if you must.