By dramaqueen15 - 16/10/2015 02:38

Today, I was working out in the gym when a fitness trainer came up to me and said it wasn't safe to be exercising while this far along in a pregnancy. I was too ashamed to tell them that I'm not pregnant, so I went along with it. Time to find a new gym. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 191
You deserved it 4 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why be ashamed? You were in the gym and actively working on yourself? That is reason enough to be proud.

Abhimanyu 14

Don't be ashamed OP. No matter what people say or think about you, just keep going. There will come a day when you'd look hot as hell :)

Comments

silverbane27 13

Umm I am a certified personal trainer. Bye or she obviously had no idea what they were talking about. It is safe to exercise throughout the entirety of your pregnancy as long as your doctor is ok with it. In fact most doctors recommend your continue to exercise throughout

I get so mad when people think pregnant women need to just sit around. If anything regular exercise decreases the risk of several pregnancy related diseases, and makes labor easier!

Beyond that, the trainer was wrong. Medical professionals agree, exercise in pregnancy is perfectly safe as long as you don't do exercise that could cause you to fall, and you don't push yourself to hard

Make him feel bad...just say your not...and hey he could help you out due to embarrassment...

that's dumb. I personally know two personal trainers that worked out and directed classes until the day their kids were born. I did the same thing and no one said a thing.

Britt125 16

Don't be ashamed, so you carry weight in your stomach, there's nothing wrong with it. I do too, and have had people ask when I'm due, but whatever I'm comfortable in my body so **** them. I was really skinny before, hated it, people had a lot to say about. I have lost weight off my stomach by adjusting my lifestyle to be healthier because I want to be healthy but my weight I'm fine with it so if others don't like it well they don't have to look at it. Anyway, I just told people "I'm not" and delighted in their horrified reaction, they were way more embarrassed then I was, way way more. I'd have done the same in this situation. At least you're working out and working on losing that weight if bothers you. And why is it their business anyway, even if you were? Some women work out until practically the minute they give birth and it's just fine. That's up to the woman to figure out with her doctor if it's safe or not for her. It isn't for everybody, but it isn't unsafe for everybody either. So it's none of his their business really.

dragoongirl90 34

You should have said, "I'm NOT pregnant, that's why I'm here, you ass."

YOU'RE AT A GYM. Whats there to be embarrassed about if you're working out to shed fat?

How can some people not be able to tell between a pregnant and overweight person? Just keep working out and don't take all the idiots' remarks personally, they can't help being dumb, you can improve your health.

You should have told him to mind his own business and you know what you are doing