By dramaqueen15 - 16/10/2015 02:38

Today, I was working out in the gym when a fitness trainer came up to me and said it wasn't safe to be exercising while this far along in a pregnancy. I was too ashamed to tell them that I'm not pregnant, so I went along with it. Time to find a new gym. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 191
You deserved it 4 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why be ashamed? You were in the gym and actively working on yourself? That is reason enough to be proud.

Abhimanyu 14

Don't be ashamed OP. No matter what people say or think about you, just keep going. There will come a day when you'd look hot as hell :)

Comments

I don't get why some people assume that other people are pregnant... There are so many times when they're just over weight, so I think they shouldn't really comment unless they know for sure to avoid rude situations like this!

You should be proud of yourself going to gym not ashamed !!

Aww that sucks! Way to keep working out though!

ironik69 31

OP, I recently joined a gym myself. Congrats on being motivated and doing what is best for you. I will say though, after some nasty comments from other people on here when I stuck up for heavy people, I totally understand the shame you probably felt. People are just inconsiderate bastards sometimes. When I go to the gym, I don't look at anyone or speak to anyone. I'm there for me and me only, as you should be. You are the one putting in the effort and you are the one that will reap the benefits. Working out can be fun. Put your headphones on and ignore the world. Usually, people won't even bother trying to speak to you if you are jamming away with headphones in. Best of luck OP!

Speak up next time, awkward as it may be. You have just as much right to be there as anyone else.

I know a person that was diing cardio kickboxing all the way up to the day she gave birth. Don't be ashamed for doing something to make you feel better. That trainer is a complete ass

kellyem2 20

Yes! The only person who gets to tell you what's healthy for your pregnancy is your doctor...when you're actually pregnant.

rldostie 19

Rude of him, one. And two, you can exercise all the way up to delivery. In fact, most doctors suggest and encourage it. So not only is he rude, he's also an idiot. Sorry, OP. Try not to feel bad and keep working out. Don't let idiots deter you.

Come on, #50, the trainer was just trying to do something he thought was good, however misguided as he was.

Under no circumstance is it acceptable for a man to assume a woman is pregnant even if she is. It's just common courtesy. You don't have to find a new gym.

WTF? She should see a lot of bigger people trying to lose some weight at the gym, being a fitness trainer she really shouldn't make such assumptions.