By Anonymous - 01/07/2013 20:35 - United States - Tunkhannock

Today, I was working as a nurse, and an elderly man had just passed away. As the patient's wife was leaving she said, "Thank you for taking such good care of my husband." Then I, intending to say "Sorry for your loss," said "Thank you for your loss." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 311
You deserved it 9 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sumbum95 15

That's okay Op everyone has brain fats just explain what you meant & call it a day :)

shaww 28

It's even worse for me. I tried saying, while babysitting, "I'll also put your son to sleep" and was thinking to myself, "I'll do the dishes as well" and ended up saying "I'll do your son to sleep"

Comments

Ehh you just jumped ahead of yourself... once I said "My wife's hair is red" forgot to put *cousin's* in there. I don't talk much so everyone there blew that loudly outta proportion in our busy store.. not as bad but still everyone does it :)

I'm sure she knew what you meant. lol

We are only human. It's okay as long as you apologized

olpally 32

Meh, easy fix. Shit happens. You'll be fine.

Depending on the wife she would have either freaked the **** out or said, 'Do you mean, sorry for my loss?' If she was really a nice person, which most people are, she would understand it was just a simple mistake.

Don't worry OP, it happens to everyone. I bagged groceries when I was a teenager. I once told a homosexual couple to "Have a nice gay" instead of "have a nice day". Wanted to crawl under a rock.

ViviMage 38

I know you get paid to deal with grumpy old people but geez!!

graceinsheepwear 33

She probably didn't even notice the slip. I am sure she was even more on automatic pilot and out of sync than you, having just lost her husband. And death situations are notorious for that. Someone at a funeral describing embarrassment as I almost died. You read that stuff all the time.

Did you stare into her eyes as you said it and walk out of the room like a boss?