By yes, yes it does :( - 30/04/2014 21:11 - United States

Today, I was waiting on a Canadian tourist at work, and he bought some of the most expensive stuff on the menu. I was excited about maybe getting a big tip, so I casually said that in the USA, waiters make most of our money off tips. The guy just snorted, "Sucks to be American, eh?!" and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 148
You deserved it 30 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's basically asking for a tip. What a way to treat customers.

toxic_walrus 15

You were fishing for it but he was being a dick. I voted both.

Comments

If I feel like I received sub par service I do not top

Good for him. Hell, if you ASK me for a tip, you're going to get shortchanged.

i am canadian and tipping is customary here too. not only did it sound like you were fishing for a tip but it also sounds like you don't know that servers everywhere also make most of their money off tips too.

that's an uncomfortable situation you put him in.I don't blame him for wanting to walk away without tipping.

Sathane 21

As far as I'm concerned, you earn your tip with good service. The quickest way to get nothing is to tip beg. And why should you get a higher tip for a more expensive item? Was it so much more work to carry a steak to my table than a hamburger?

I love how stereotypical you make the Canadian guy seem in this. Not actually though..

Bugger off you waiters. You are paid to serve customers. I'll never pay you any tips.

Helldemon 32

^ Piece of shit scumbag alert.

I would have left too. Way to reinforce your expectations on the customer. YDI.

You were literally asking for that to happen.

and Canadians were supposed to be nice