By whitnayfortooh - 04/12/2015 18:26 - United States - Hampton

Today, I was trying to get a piece of apple that was stuck in between my teeth. A chunk of my tooth came out instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 359
You deserved it 2 377

whitnayfortooh tells us more.

I grind my teeth pretty violently at night which caused the chip. Not bad dental hygiene ;)

Top comments

Hey, an apple a day keeps the doctor away... Oh wait... Or not...

Comments

Someone needs some calcium in their diet.

Well you see, OP was attempting to remove a chunk of apple wedged between their teeth and... well scroll up and read the fml, it explains the rest :)

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, not the dentist!

I guess an apple a day sometimes doesn't keep the doctor away. :(

Let's hope it was not a central incisor. Once chipped they are difficult to repair without them eventually re-chipping.

Haha no, no they are not. Central incisors are some of the easiest to repair and most amendable for modern prosthetic and replacements.

pocketpixie90 6

happened to me this last week with a piece of kettle corn. I feel your pain OP

that tooth had been chipped for quite some time already ( not caused by decay, I brush my teeth every day; ] ) and I always had food stuck in it and I was just trying to get it out as usual and half my tooth just came out. No bleeding as i still have a thin layer of "tooth" still there. I have no clue how the dentist will pull it out unless he cuts open my gums. I don't think I could cap it either. yea it was scary.

If its below the gum line they will remove the tooth. Unless it is at the end of your tooth line you will need an implant. Personal experience its about $6000 and insurance paid $0 because i could live with a retainer for the rest of my life. Also a note, make sure the removal and implant surgery are close time wise. I didnt and my teeth are not lined up anymore.

This happened to me too OP. I was lucky enough to only need a filling!