By rtrim29 - 26/12/2009 16:18 - United States

Today, I was told by 'Seventeen' to add liquid highlighter to my foundation for an all-over glow. Little did I know that liquid highlighter is an actual makeup product. I now have an awful rash due to applying the ink from a highlighter pen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 732
You deserved it 93 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

carpediem19 0

did you really think it meant a highlighter pen? like seriously, why would you think an office supply can double as makeup?

Damn, you might even be too stupid to work in ****.

Comments

childofadelphia 0

YDI for being an idiot. Why would you think they meant glowing, neon-colored ink?

oh wow my 13 year old brother isn't even that retarded

k. i didnt know that existed, but i have more common sense than to just take a highlighter & put it all over my face. YDI

ROFLsyrup 0

definitely one of the most stupid things I have ever read! YDI for not knowing ink is bad for your skin. and for wearing makeup. imo no one needs to wear loads of makeup. Even if you have crazy acne, we can tell you're wearing makeup over it. Be content with the skin you have. Because if you aren't content with yourself, how can you expect someone else to be.

redblueviolet 0

"Swallow a bunch of sleeping pills for a clearer complexion!" Please tell me you wouldn't actually try that too.

i signed up just to say that you are ******* retarded. WHO THE **** WOULD DO THAT? ARE YOU 12? WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING TO THE WORLD. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=liquid+highlighter

YayAmerica 0

If she's reading Seventeen magazine, you're probably not that far off on the age.

bluedoll 1

*hangs head* Wow... I support your efforts but I feel as if Seventeen would have offered a product as an example so you really do deserve this. I'm sorry dear. Use calamine lotion to soothe the rash. It is the same thing you use when you get poison ivy and it will help it not itch. On a girl note, don't use liquid foundation. It is horrible for your skin because it contains chemical binders. Use mineral makeup--all major companies have their own now (and by that I mean "drug store" brands like Covergirl). Of course, you won't be able to mix in highlighter but you can use a bronzer....(another makeup product)....

AndelleRae 9

It's a good thing you mentioned that a bronzer is another make up product, otherwise we would have seen this next: Today, someone on FML told me to use a bronzer to even out my skin tone, so I stuck my face in molten bronze. FML ... Sorry OP, I had to.

perfectwinds 0

Wow, another drone stuck up on the new fad of "mineral foundation." *slow clap* Good for you!! OP, don't listen. Liquid foundation is FINE for your skin as long as you use the right kind. Mineral foundation won't give you the coverage you're obviously looking for. But, uh, next time try and use common sense and don't use office supplies on your face.

bluedoll 1

Drone? Yes, yes I am. Since I've been using it for years and have never seen my skin look this good. The OP may not have serious skin issues--liquid highlighter simply gives you a dewy complexion when mixed with foundation, moisterizer, or other things. OP may not have the sensitive skin I do and may not need to worry about binders (not the office supply kind) in her makeup. She may just want to have an "all over glow" in the dark.

bluedoll 1

You also don't have to be so snide. I think that something stops being a "fad" after a decade or so and Bare Escentials has been around since the 1990s. So I think it has lost its fad status. I also think that something stops being a personal fad after a year and I've been using it for three. So take back your slow clap, you look as silly as OP does.

perfectwinds 0

Actually I'm an esthetician and a professional makeup artist that's been in the business long enough to know that bare escentuals is crap, it's a "cult" line just like MAC is. It's no better than any other line, it's mind over matter. Congrats that your skin looks awesome, but it's not because of the lack of liquid foundation. Liquid foundation is no better or worse for your skin than bare escentuals, you just need to know which one to get that works for YOUR skin. I know plenty of people who've broken out over mineral makeup trying to join the mineral revolution which is a bunch of crap.

perfectwinds 0

To add to my comment, I bet you didn't know that most dermatologists actually recommend to NOT use bare escentuals or any "mineral" foundation for most skin types because it can make it worse. Learn your facts before you start spouting out random "facts" that you actually don't know ANYTHING about.

JennyBee 0

perfectwinds, thank you. I'm an esthetician as well and you're totally right. And yes, mineral makeup is STILL a fad. Ugh! I've had so many people tell me they break out on Bare Escentuals. It's absolute crap on me, too - it makes my skin look five times worse than on its own.

bluedoll 1

Well, I didn't claim that it was a fact and would work for anyone and everyone. I have known plenty of people who have had the same issue with mineral foundation--horrible break outs, etc. And since I tried most companies lines (those under the Estee Lauder umbrella, Chanel, and several others) I found that the mineral foundations work better for me. I moved away from Bare Escentials and began using another company, which improved it even more. Like anything else, anything you try can have adverse consequences. I know enough to know that each person has his or her own opinion. You prefer liquid foundations. There are artists who swear by Smashbox primer and I refuse to use it because it makes me breakout. I appreciate your uppity attitude and continued proof that some people take things a little too seriously. I did not go into a rant and rave about how she was contaminating her body, just suggested that she not use liquid foundation and give mineral makeup a try. She never said she wanted full coverage, just that Seventeen suggested a way to get an all over glow. She was obviously not informed and did something very bad for her skin. So do us all a favor and just get over it. OP--find the foundation that works for you. And use the power of the internet to find out what these tips from magazines really mean.

I'm not really into the whole fad thing, but I have insanely sensitive skin and tried every makeup around until all these natural and mineral makeups popped up left and right. When I tried it, it's the only one that didn't make my face feel loaded down and itchy, and it actually looked more natural compared to more standard makeup. I don't use bare essentials, mine is Physicians Formula. I now refuse to use anything other than mineral/natural/organic makeup just because it's the only one so far that I can stand to wear. I think it's just each person has their own preference, because no ones skin is the same. The only thing I don't like about my mineral foundation is that it comes off very easily - but at least I don't want to claw my face off wearing it.

So...you put a harmful substance on your skin, because a magazine told you to(or rather you thought it told you to)? I don't think I need to say any more.

'pedantic' I advise you listen to 'The **** identity podcast' You'd find it hilarious! Search it on iTunes or google it :-)