By top dog! - 11/10/2011 20:05 - Australia

Today, I was threatened with suspension from school because of my nose piercing. I had to explain that it's actually a pimple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 472
You deserved it 2 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cdh531 0

I'm assuming you go to private school.

Suspended for a nose peircing that doesn't have a ring in it? Strict much?

Comments

I thought the school was opposed to needles near noses

Even if it was a nose piercing why should they suspend you they shouldn't be able to suspend you for piercing

FYLDeep 25

Well maybe if she had a group of piercings in the shape of a Swastika it would be understandable, but even that would limit your free speech. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

Calen5556 0

-Tries to imagine a pimple in the shape of a nose ring-

I'm assuming you go to a private school right!????

I feel old.. *sigh* bc when I was in school.. About 10 yrs ago lol.. Piercings aside from regular ear piercings were against school policy. Actually, I also just looked at my daughter's school policy handbook and it says the same thing. Maybe it's acceptable in other states, and countries.. But here where I live in FL you can't have them. So I don't think it's that abnormal for her school to have a policy against it.

deathspike5 5

Yeah, Private school sucks. I feel your pain, OP. FYL.

Ins0mau 20

For everyone that is freaking out about a suspension for a nose piercing. The O.P is from Australia. Over here even public schools require uniforms and dress codes. Still may be a little harsh but not as surprising as if t happened in a U.S school.

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18

#74, I'm from Australia too and I was wondering why everyone thinks it's so surprising that the OP was going to get suspended because of that, my school is a public school and we'd get suspended for it too.

That totally sucks! I'd be pissed if they tried for suspending me for my lip ring.