By Username - 06/10/2010 21:59 - France

Today, I was telling my boyfriend about how self conscious I am and how I obsess about my weight. He said, "Don't be ridiculous, you don't need to lose THAT much weight." FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 031
You deserved it 28 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he was trying to be nice, you don't need to put it on fml.

oboewhore_xD 6

Wow. There's a lot of rude people on FML. No need to call her "fatty" or "lil piggy". :(

Comments

sam_08_fml 0

Next time try not being a fat lil piggy 

sam_08_fml 0

it hadnt posted my first one so i sent another PS: i wasnt talking to u so back off 

sam_08_fml 0

No shit, like i said it hadnt posted it yet when i sent the second

sam_08_fml 0

Okay okay lol  By the way can u see my emoji icons???

I can see your emojicons

1- you're ugly...not one to talk 50- WIN 51- that's why FML was created...so people can complain about their lives. now STFU, you're damn annoying OP- you put your man in an awkward situation. let him be.

sam_08_fml 0

Ignorance- "Today some guy was being mean to me on FML which turned me into a dirty *****. FML"

You're getting cruel bitch confused with dirty *****. Stop being a moron.

he was trying to be nice, you don't need to put it on fml.

Ladies, it's usually best to never discuss your body insecurities with your significant other. Men don't know what to say, and thus will probably accidentally say something you don't want to hear...

SO true. Never ask a man about anything that has to do with weight or size. No one will leave happy. But I still think OPs bf wasn't exactly rude about it.

WallyTheWombat 0

I hate when girls fish for compliments like this. Most of the time, there is no right answer. If OP's bf had said that OP was perfect, she would have argued back with "Omg no I'm not look at this *grabs chunk of fat somewhere on body, usually love handles*"

joa76 3

I don't know, some guys are really great about it.

oboewhore_xD 6

Wow. There's a lot of rude people on FML. No need to call her "fatty" or "lil piggy". :(

Randen_fml 0

hahaha double oink. If your fat don't complain, do something about it. Don't post about being fat on FML then not expect peoples input.

MissGrinch 4

63, can you please put a shirt on?

Yes please this isn't Stalkbook or Lamespace. And for heaven's sake learn to use the timer & backlight

well someone's gotta tell her ! besides what the f makes u think we care what your boyfriend thinks about you being fat ? if you really ?

20waffleater10 0
sam_08_fml 0

Careful bitchy Ignorance will get on ya for posting double lol just a bit of advice my friend

lindsaysue 4

Would you rather he lied to you? This is a lose-lose situation for him. Either he lies to you, or he agrees with you and makes you obsess even more.. He didn't bring it up, you cornered him.

perdix 29

When you go fishing for compliments, sometimes you reel in a shark that bites you in the ass. Your big, fat ass.

well, perdix aint sugar coating that. OP'll eat that too xD

@25 Telling someone about a mental health issue (which is what body image issues are) isn't "fishing for compliments."

perdix 29

You don't bring your deep-seated mental health issues to FML. This ain't a support group -- you are laying yourself bare for a bunch of sarcastic pricks to humiliate you even further. I know, I'm one of them, but it sure is fun, isn't it?

@203 Sure, if she said "oh my god, I am SO fat," she was fishing for compliments. But it seems like she was just opening up to her boyfriend and confiding in him that she has problems with body image. So her boyfriend responding by completely ignoring everything she said and telling her to lose weight was super inconsiderate.

Not everyone who is self conscious about how they look has a related mental illness or most people would be ill. Everyone feels self conscious at some point.

joa76 3

Yes, but OBSESSING about your weight is not a good thing. It could be a sign of body dysmorphic disorder, or an early sign of an eating disorder, in which case what he said will only make it much, much worse (and could, in fact, actually trigger an eating disorder). And it doesn't sound like she was fishing for compliments. It sounds like she was telling him how she feels. A much more appropriate response would be to acknowledge the insecurity and obsession, NOT the weight itself, and certainly not like that.