By yikes - 02/03/2013 15:32 - United States

Today, I was taking my dog for a walk and forgot a bag to pick up his poop, since it's illegal to not pick it up in my town. Right as my dog started to take a dump, a cop car drove by and continued to watch me as I was forced to pick up the poop with my bare hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 421
You deserved it 22 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would've called out to him and asked if he had an extra evidence bag you could borrow

Capt_Oblivious 10

Caught brown handed weren't you.

Comments

For a few bucks you can get the bag dispenser that clips to the leash so you'll never forget it.

Need to remember to periodically check how many bags are in it as well unless of course it has some visual indicator that it is empty or visible contents.

I would've used some leaves, tissues, a sock... anything but my bare hands. YDI.

Or they could've gone into some nearby place for a napkin or something. It's unlikely there wasn't some sort of house or something nearby.

is your dog named KFC? cause its finger lickin good !

The dog's name is actually Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya De la Rosa Ramirez.

Why didn't you go out with a poop scooper and bags? If you knew it was illegal then you only have yourself to blame for what happened.

Because I'm sure you've never forgotten anything before ...

I know it's illegal, but that cop could have been spending his time better than to watch someone walking a dog. FYL.

While it wouldn't be worth it for a cop to follow a dog walker around, this one happened to see a dog in the act of pooping, so paused to see if OP would pick it up. Somehow I doubt this took more than a couple of minutes -- and the cop's watching apparently prevented an illegal act. If the police never paid attention to misdemeanor laws, what would be the point of them, and where would one draw the line?

While I understand your point of view, it's that kind of attitude which means the small things just get ignored. There's LOADS of dog poop where I live, it's like not a single person bothers to clean up. A lot of litter too. It's supposedly illegal but the police never bother to get involved...I wish they would. Don't have to make it top priority or anything but it'd be nice if they actually did SOMETHING. I'm sure having a nicer looking area would make at least some difference, even if only small or subconscious, to how people treat it in the future as well...you know, local pride and all that...

Can I assume your dog is a poo-dle? No? How about a shitsu? Dooberman? Labradoo?

caysters 12

For future reference, they sell little Baggie holders that hook to the leash. That way you'll never be without em again...