By Dear Lord Save Me - 04/01/2015 03:56 - United Kingdom - Merthyr Tydfil

Today, I was shopping with my dad and I saw one of my guy friends, so we waved and smiled at each other. My dad clearly thought his wave was too "romantic", because he shouted at him, "Touch her, and I'll kill you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 152
You deserved it 3 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Like the overly-attached girlfriend meme, there should be an overly protective father meme.

well thats not overkill in the slightest

Comments

That will be me, when my daughter runs into her male friends.

#stopdadsfromtreatingtheirdaughterslikeproperty2k15

#stopdadsfromtreatingtheirdaughterslikeproperty2015

greatkate2020 14
Astrum14 24

Well that's a good way to damage your relationship with your daughter. If my father had threatened my platonic male friends, he wouldn't get to meet any of them. Or boyfriends, for that matter. I just wouldn't introduce him to the men in my life at all. That shit isn't "protective" or "endearing" in any way.

at least you know your dad loves you

I hate the fact it's still a thing to try and protect a daughter's chastity. Often the same fathers will think their sons having sex is fine. Girls are not delicate, helpless little things who need to be told what to do. They can make their own choices, the idea of threatening boyfriends when you wouldn't girlfriends is nothing but misogyny hidden in a false guise of protectiveness.

skyeyez9 24

People either have extremely overprotective parents, or parents who could care less. Mine were overprotective and I hated it, and I envied my best friend whose parents let him get away with everything. But now looking back, I see how my parents were and thankful they tried their best to keep me out of trouble. As we grew older, my friend and I grew apart and he started getting into legal trouble, excessive drinking, partying, couldnt hold a job, drugs and in/out of jail. I believe it was the lack of discipline from his mom and dad. He could never do wrong in their eyes.