By poorgirl - 17/05/2016 13:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was reminded what poverty is like when I had to choose between buying food and buying pads. Now, I have to take constant bathroom breaks and wipe off my pad. I don't get paid until after my period ends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 322
You deserved it 1 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Invest in a menstrual cup. The cups are reusable and pay for themselves over just a few months.

You could always use toilet tissue as a pad or a cloth. Not the best option, but better than not eating

Comments

Bugg27 15

I sincerely love how everyone's being so helpful <3 But, (mostly) everyone's right. Invest in a diva cup (don't personally use it but hear it's cost effective) Go to churches or food banks for help for food some food banks give frozen meat, veggies/fruits, gift cards and sometimes even toiletries. that way you won't have to choose food or feminine toiletries. It definitely isn't good to keep using the same pad. Like a previous commenter said it'll be a bacteria mess soon. Either way, good luck in getting some pads/comfort with your situation soon!! sincerely, I've been there!!! =)

Just walk around the mall and ask random people until you've got a few

Do you have friends?! There's not even a coworker you could ask for a feminine product? Really? I'm confused.

You're better off just to bleed on your clothes.

Because that isn't a health hazard or anything!

I don't think you understand how menstrual hygiene works...

find a local soup kitchen, they will help with meals and pads ☺

you could just wad toilet paper up.... not use the same pad for days on end, that's not sanitary. lol

Yes. Tp works just fine in a pinch, but using the same pad for more than half a day makes a nasty breeding ground for bacteria...

Britt125 16

Maybe ask female friends/coworkers/random women in public bathrooms for a pad... I think most women will help out if they can. Ask a few different people for a pad each and it'll help out a lot. Also, you say pads, generally tampons are significantly cheaper though so maybe that's worth considering, even if they're really not your thing... at least it's something to deal with the flow. If you can swing that much even, of course, but you can find them for like 2-3 bucks, not that much money. Even ask somebody if you can borrow 5 bucks. I know it's not fun to have to ask for help but you shouldn't have to choose between food and pads, that's a horrible situation to be in I can't imagine asking to borrow 5 bucks being any worse of a feeling.

If you have wash cloths or rags, whatever you want to call them, you can try lining your underwear with one and tape it in place? Or shred some old clothes or towels into rectangles and use those. You can wash them and reuse them, and they're more sanitary than wiping down the one pad for a week. You could even look up how to make the way old fashioned kind that sort of look like diapers, if this is a recurring problem. Using the same pad for so long sounds like it could cause infections. You could also fold up paper towels and use those, since they aren't as prone to falling apart as toilet paper. Alternatively, go to food banks and ask them about whether they have any available. Or ask a female coworker. I've seen girls that HATE each other still give each other pads or tampons if the other needed one, so chances are they'll at least consider it. Maybe HR can help you out, too, if you have an HR department. I hope that you can find a healthier alternative to wiping off the same pad for the duration of your period.