By WTF - 26/10/2010 16:55 - United States

Today, I was rejected by a girl when she told me she is not ready to date. We met on a dating website. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 954
You deserved it 4 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fortuitous 0

When she saw you, her face went zoosk, and then she realized you weren't a match, saw no hope for harmony, and found out you had no brain chemistry.

perdix 29

I feel for you. I got rejected with those exact same words, except she was a ***** and I had already paid upfront for our "date."

Comments

A lot of people do just go on those sites for sex.

OP probably put up a picture of himself taken several years ago and when he met his date, she saw he was less than honest about his looks. Everyone reserves the right to snap a carrot when the need arises, especially someone mislead by another.

chelle_starlight 0

well...at least she was original when it came up to making an excuse...

Get over it. So she doesn't want to date you, but also doesn't want to hurt your feelings... get over it and move on. This one obviously wasn't meant to be.

Attacksloth 33

I met my girlfriend sort-of on a dating site. I met my Ex on a dating site, and my current girlfriend is my Ex's best friend. We both dropped my Ex because she screwed us both over, but that's irrelevant. 1. It is not shameful to meet and date online. Fast paced lifestyles can sometimes limit one's ability to go around courting someone. 2. It takes some of the guesswork out of finding someone. You know something about them just by reading their online profile. You rarely know anything about someone you run into at a bar or something, other than he/she being hot, good looking or approachable-looking. 3. The OP did not specify which dating site he was on. If he was on the same one that I visited, Plenty of Fish, you can advertise your exact intentions - be it casual dating, friends, hanging out or long term. Unless this girl lied about her intentions and lead him on, he should learn to read better. These online profiles are usually easy to read, and their ideas are usually easy to grasp. 4. "Not ready to date" can be taken in multiple contexts - it can mean she was rejecting you politely, it can mean that she is literally not ready to date and her intention on the dating site was just to find possible FUTURE dates, it can mean that she's not ready to date YOU (which the OP should not take so negatively - it's an online relationship, there will always be a lot of skepticism, especially on the girl's part; there are TONS of criminal/creepy guys trying to lure females online). Perhaps she just wanted to get to know you better before diving into anything - you (OP) really need to ask her to communicate her concerns and the reasons(s) for her answer. If she gives you a good answer, don't take it personally. If she gives you a flaky answer, take it as a hint that she's rejecting you nicely. 5. It's a dating site, so just message someone else if you're going nowhere with this girl. Move on if you feel you aren't making progress.

sarcdude 3

I actually mouthed the OP's name before I saw what the name was. Echoed my thoughts exactly. But yeah, to hell with her, move on.