By wolfwolfy - 13/03/2010 07:18 - Canada

Today, I was on a first date. When the bill came, he refused to pay for my $6 salad. I had to go ATM-hunting to pay for my $6 salad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 079
You deserved it 13 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never expect anything on a first date.....duh

Why do you expect the guy to pay on the first date? You obviously had no intend of paying, so you left your money home in case he did not pay for you. But boohoo he didn't anyway. Also, you sound like a girl that only orders a salad and then eats half the food of other peoples plates.

Comments

mirkayscar 0

Wait can't concentrate on my studies bc I work and have a child?? Tell me I didn't read that correctly!!!! You may not can and my lifestyle might not work for you, but it works for me very nicely! I do great at my work, I do even better as a student and I do the best as a mother!!!

I was talking about myself, because I go to school from 8 till 5, if I had to work from 5 till 10 then there wouldn't be any time to take care of my kid or study.

beautiful_disgra 0

the guy is an asshat, if you ask a girl out on a date then you should be specific if you want her to pay for her own dinner. Make the comment that its a dutch thing or else he looks like an even cheaper asshat.

The reasonable assumption is that she's an adult and she pays for her own shit. Not that she'll depend on him financially and **** him whenever he pleases.

Maybe he didn't had money. So you're probably both low budget.

Drumr3oy 0

You must be ugly as he'll, but he's still a stupid animal!!!!!!

1) your date was a cheap looser 2) u cubts have to learn that wedont always wanna buy sex - especially a first date 3) how old are u? I'll assume u can't legally order a beer 4) teaches you a lesson for expecting shot from people and not keeping ANY cash on you

mlg91605 0

some people don't carry cash on them. I hardly ever have more than 5$ on me in cash. If you get robbed you can't get cash back but if you get robbed and they take your credit/debit card you get your money back if they spend any! but it's only 6$ I don't see why he couldn't have paid for it and let her pay him back later on. He probably wasn't into her.

qazwerty 5

Why didn't you just pay with your ATM card?

letitbe56 0

If it's a first date, you should show up ready and willing to pay for at least your half of the meal, if not his as well. Some guys will insist on paying because they want to be gentlemen, others will respect your willingness to be as generous as most women just assume men should be. Being willing to pay for a date is almost always win-win: either he'll pay, or you'll get a second date, or both. If you don't show up willing to pay, you're responsible for the consequences. That being said, guys should also show up willing to pay. If it's a first date, relationship dynamics haven't been determined, and you should want to set the stage for a positive financial dynamic.

yessirfosho 0

It is pretty lame that he couldn't pay the 6 bucks for your salad when you didnt have it on you so in that respect fyl. However you still do kind of deserve it. You shouldn't expect him to pay and should of had some money or some form of payment on you.

Anyway, OP--try to date a better class of guys. Find some who don't expect you to pay for the privilege of being seen with them. And guys--if you're trying to impress a woman by taking her someplace expensive, it's not going to impress her to make her pay for her meal. Oh wow--she's sooo impressed that you know where a pricey restaurant is! Fucken Google could have told her that.

Paying a woman to be with her. hm. Sounds familiar.

If you have to show off what's in your wallet to impress her, you obviously don't have much to impress her with between your legs or between your ears. There's nothing impressive about a dude who tries to buy buttsecks from the women he dates.

So, he should just whip it out and kind of wave it around instead of buying her dinner? 8(