By whatproject - 24/09/2009 09:50 - United States

Today, I was offered to attend a Buddhist ceremony by one of my regular customers. Not wanting to offend the couple, I made an excuse about have a project for oceanography. Surprise, the husband is an oceanographer and wants to help me with my imaginary project. Karma much? FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 438
You deserved it 51 070

Same thing different taste

Alexa, play "Policy of Truth" by Depeche Mode

By is there a environmental scientist in the house? - 05/03/2013 08:48 - United States - Walnut Creek

Today, wanting to impress my date, I bullshitted her about how I was an environmental scientist. She got so impressed that she invited me over to her place. Not her home, her office. So that I could give her pointers on her current project. She's a real environmental scientist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 586
You deserved it 76 666

Top comments

You should've just gone to the ceremony. Could've been a good experience. OR if you really didn't want to go, they would probably understand if you just told them. Buddhists are generally understanding people.

Next time, try creating a slightly less outlandish lie. Like, you have to attend the G8 Summit that day, or "I'm sorry, that's my Nude Day". Nude Day always works ;)

Comments

killinmesmalls 0

Damn woman read a book you sound more retarded than my retarded cousin.

Well, first of all, if you didn't have a real excuse, why NOT go? Get cultured you twat. If you really didn't want to for whatever reason and such, just TELL them. "I'm sorry, I'm not really into that." isn't very offensive at all....

That wasn't Karma. Karma is defined as a greater power giving you good results if you did good deeds, and punishment for bad. What just happened was a complete coincidence. Now call me when you have been reincarinated into a slug and then we'll talk about karma.

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

karma and reincarnation are 2 completely different things

Actually, it's not very. Karma will effect your reincarnation making so that if you do bad things, you'll be turned into someone whom is very unwealthy, unhealthy, or not a human at all. While doing good things benefits you in the next lifetime.

Too bad there's no such thing as either one...

tell him its group work so you have to do it with other pple

That's why you don't be specific when making up excuses.

It's not closeminded that she didn't want to go to a buddhist ceremony. She could already have her own religion she's dedicated to, or she might already have learned about Buddhism and just not interested. Not jumping to try out every religion that someone suggests to you isn't necessarily being closeminded, if you believed everything someone else believed, life would get pretty confusing. Would you go to the service of every single religious person you ever met?

Well, it's time to rent those "Dora the Explorer" and "Little Einstein" DVD's to build a basic knowledge on the Oceanic Topic.

yourkiddingright_fml 0

Like you said, Karma!! Lies always come back to bite you in the arse.

When the first set of people put the word 'much' at the end of their little sentences, it might have been kinda cute. Now, it just reveals who's a complete follower. Whenever I see someone put the word 'much' at the end like that, I see yet another person trying too hard to fit in. :/

People tend to adopt verbal patterns they hear elsewhere without being concious of it. It makes sense, since that's how we LEARN TO TALK!