By whatproject - 24/09/2009 09:50 - United States

Today, I was offered to attend a Buddhist ceremony by one of my regular customers. Not wanting to offend the couple, I made an excuse about have a project for oceanography. Surprise, the husband is an oceanographer and wants to help me with my imaginary project. Karma much? FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 438
You deserved it 51 070

Same thing different taste

Alexa, play "Policy of Truth" by Depeche Mode

By is there a environmental scientist in the house? - 05/03/2013 08:48 - United States - Walnut Creek

Today, wanting to impress my date, I bullshitted her about how I was an environmental scientist. She got so impressed that she invited me over to her place. Not her home, her office. So that I could give her pointers on her current project. She's a real environmental scientist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 586
You deserved it 76 665

Top comments

You should've just gone to the ceremony. Could've been a good experience. OR if you really didn't want to go, they would probably understand if you just told them. Buddhists are generally understanding people.

Next time, try creating a slightly less outlandish lie. Like, you have to attend the G8 Summit that day, or "I'm sorry, that's my Nude Day". Nude Day always works ;)

Comments

You screwed the pooch there. I mean, you're in Hawaii. No one can throw a dead feral cat in this place without hitting an oceanographer. Hopefully someone does throw one of the cats, and hits Mottl in the face with it. The man needs a lil bit of color in his life.

I bet you wouldn't be saying the same if the couple were Christian asked her to attend a Sunday service. So many people I know attend things like this once or twice just so they can say they are "cultured" and think it's cool, not to actually go in with an open mind and possibly adopt the religion. OP isn't uncultured for declining - she might even know much more about Buddhism than you and thus has specific reasons to why she didn't want to go.

snavula 0

Riiight. If the OP knew so much about Buddhism, she wouldn't have narrowed in on such an incorrect use of the term 'Karma'. But, feel free to keep trying to justify pointless bullshit.

You piss me off so much that i signed up for an FML account just to tell you what a shit head you are. YOU ARE A SHIT HEAD.... SHIT HEAD MUCH?????!??!??!?!????? lolollolololol

mpangz 0

#41, lay off it. Being invited to a Buddhist ceremony is pretty interesting. Could have learned something enlightening. YDI for missing your chance ;(

valuemeal2 1

You should have gone, it might have been interesting. And if not, you should have said something different, like it's your sister's birthday that day or something. For the record, I'd have said the same thing regardless of the religion.

What pointless bullshit am I trying to justify? Okay, OP doesn't know anything about Buddhism, that's fine, that wasn't my point. I wasn't trying to justify OP's actions - I was specifically flaming quoteXunquote for calling OP uncultured, because quoteXunquote's comment reeked of teenage conformity to trends. Not saying that Buddhism is a trend, oh no, but quoteXunquote just seems like the type of person who thinks its cool just to go once solely to say you went (and on the internet I am free to make judgments, especially when comments are childishly sarcastic like that).

bosshaug 0

You ruined it with the karma much thing at the end

Agreed. I hope that wasn't a religion pun. If so, wrong religion pal.