By xYumix - 17/11/2009 09:23 - United States

Today, I was late for an interview. Going into the elevator, a man ran up to the doors but since I was late, I pressed the "close" button. When I arrived to the office, the secretary asked me to wait. The boss walked in to interview me. The man whose face I closed the elevator doors on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 589
You deserved it 59 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't think a few seconds to be nice on top of your already being late would matter too much...

Comments

lollllll!! guess you wont be getting that job

Pfh, some bosses like to see that you'll do what you gotta to get what you want. Maybe he's one of them. I don't think you deserve it - **** it, god forbid you don't wait three seconds. Oh yes, you're such a horrid, horrid person.

How much time did that really save? Maybe now they can hire someone who isn't a self-serving jerk.

FredZoise 2

just say u thought it was the open door button and you pushed the wrong one by accident.

You got what you deserved, asshole. I hope you didn't get the job. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the person who was RUNNING towards the elevator was late, too? How big of a deal would it have been to wait two more freakin' seconds? Or is thinking about someone else besides yourself too much to ask for?

suesblues 0

A) Be on time. B) Don't be a rude asshole. YDI

MaddogTotten 0

don't think that just because he is late too that he would have let you slide even if you had held the door for him. if you're ever late for a meeting/interview call ahead and avoid having to be an asshat to save a couple seconds. the only way to recoup now is to point and laugh at him and ask how the stairs were. you never know.

Actually, most "close door" buttons are placebos--they don't actually work, but they give the illusion of control. You probably didn't do anything.

#49 er..i dont know what elevators u've been in but the ones i've been on definitely close when i hit the "close door" button and to the OP- DONT BE SO SELFISH what if u were late and someone closed the door in your face now that would be an FML. u deserve it