By Anonymous - 13/12/2013 03:47 - United States

Today, I was in the middle of an interview; it was going great until I started coughing. That coughing led to an asthma attack, which led to nonstop gagging. I couldn't even answer his final question, "Are you okay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 317
You deserved it 2 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. Try ro see if you can redo that. He has to understand if not he is an asshole

Comments

"Anon are you OK So, Anon are you OK Are you OK, Anon"

I hope they'll understand! That shouldn't be any sufficient reason to not hire you! Good luck, OP!

What medicine works best for coughs? Coffee.

perdix 29

#19, now do we have to call you DocBarista?

Least he asked if you are ok. It's not your fault, ask to rearrange the interview. I imagine an asthma attack is pretty scary.

They are scary for everybody. My cousin has it and he ha an attack when I was about 8 or 9 and had to go to the hospital and that was the first time I ever saw somebody have an asthma attack.

perdix 29

I hope you have other prospects. No one is going to knowingly hire anyone with such obvious medical problems. Good luck concealing your health issues next time :)

Why not? Why wouldn't I hire someone with asthma? It's not like it's contagious :P...

It may cause OP to have more sick days than other applicants, which would cost more money for the company.

perdix 29

#28, well, there's the rational concern that the OP may not be reliable, and then the irrational fear of sick people, even of non-contagious ones.

Hopefully the interviewer is human enough to give you another chance

Brain disabled: Person with asthma attack = Ask person a question.