By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 05:35 - United States

Today, I was in the grocery store buying a few things. A sales associate came over the intercom system saying, "Attention Safeway customers. If you drive a blue Subaru, it's rolling into 18th Ave." Everyone laughed except me. I forgot to set the brake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 723
You deserved it 48 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that is awesome! One time a student at my university did the same thing in the parking lot of our library. It was about to roll into another car. They had to announce it repeatedly over the intercom so I'm guessing it didn't end well.

Wow how did you manage to do something like that?! YDI.

Comments

If your car was rolling into traffic how the hell did they have time to see the car rolling, alert the employees and have it told over the intercom before the car rolled onto 18th Ave? Unless 18th Ave was a mile away and your car made it all the way there on its own that is...

I've actually set the brake while a passenger for some people who just don't seem to want to do so. Set your %@#$ing brake!

Forgetting to set the brake is an innocent mistake.

#6 i was thinking the same thing. if it is that one, it's definitely your fault. they have roof parking. if not, sorry. oh, and 10.

i sure hope it wasnt a WRX..if it was, i'm sorry for your loss. if it wasnt, who gives a shit. any other subaru sucks. :)

ssnickel 0

Lol @ #3 (and I'm a woman) To the OP, if you were parked on a hill, didn't you notice it rolling as soon as you let your foot off the brake? I know if my car's parked in neutral instead of 1st gear I can't even park it on a slight (even unnoticeable) incline without it rolling.

OMG at 27 years old I just learned how to drive a stick and my husband has drilled that in my head. We live in a very hilly area. I am glad to hear its common..lol.

wow. my 16 year old sister already knows how to drive a stick, and remembers to put the brake on.