By Anonymous - 26/09/2010 11:29 - Turkey

Today, I was in my hotel room. I picked up an expensive wine from the mini fridge, just to see what it is. I heard a mechanical "bling". I was charged for it. Then, I tried to put it back, only to hear another "bling". I was charged twice for expensive wine that I won't even drink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 720
You deserved it 10 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iluvchanman 0

can't u just explain the problem to a manager? if not, that sucks!

ikickyourdog 0

maybe the 2nd bling was it uncharging you

Comments

04VWR32 6

I know. I heard it was the popular thing to do though.

iSitt 0

I never touched the minibar. everytime I go to a hotel I stop at a convenience store first.

suprised no one is replying to the first comment just to be on top.

the_flirtt 0

well atleast you have something good to drink ;)

ohthebloodygore 16
rallets 22

we ARE replying to first comment..its just not there spooky, huh?

YDI. Don't you know if you pick up anything in a fridge, you automatically get charged for it?

shoulda filled up a glass of water and replaced them

pinkpillowz 0

61- I was thinking the same thing... :O

iluvchanman 0

can't u just explain the problem to a manager? if not, that sucks!

mona_is_here 10

Should have at least tasted it! Eh, you :D

MAGNAVOX 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
the_flirtt 0

explain it to the front desk I'm sure they will take it off your bill.

53 if they drank it, there would be a guaranteed charge. If they talk to the front desk, it might be taken off the bill I went to a hotel once where it was $7.50 for a can of Mountain Dew. I can't even imagine what a bottle of wine would cost at that rate

pengiesully 0

someones never seen the hangover

If you talk to one of the dudes that works there and they do nothing, that's when you drink it.

CiaranPM 0

Wine is just old grape juice with some extra shit in it. Go with beer or liquor, wine is nasty.

Toxxic_Blackout 0

you're nasty for being 16 and already drinking.

In Germany it is normal for people to drink at that age. Your nasty for only considering your own views on social issues

linebacker42 0

you suck for being German, you Nazi

sourgirl101 28

There are so many different types of wines. One to suit anyone's taste. Don't knock it until you've tried them all. Besides many foods taste so much better when you add the right wine to match.

Wine is nasty compared to beer? Wine is delicious! Beer tastes like piss.

Night_terror 0

Ciaran, you are so effing ugly.

46 are you a guy? xD and you most likely drink apple juice stfu

QueenChristy 6

one he mentioned he wasn't going to drink it 2. how do you know hes 16??

mashnikandporter 0

everybody shut the **** up about cieran, you guys are douchbags for insulting someone over the Internet, he's done nothing to you. leave him alone.

hahaha how is it nasty to drink at age sixteen....?

82, you can't make a comparison unless you know what you're comparing. So you either know the taste of piss, are just assuming it tastes bad or lying. If it's not the first one, don't say it. Never assume and never lie.

@127 - the senses of smell and taste are linked, so oftentimes things taste the way they smell. Therefore, if beer tastes the way piss smells, you can guess that beer tastes like piss.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

nah, most times things smell way different than they taste. Try eating a flower or drinking a perfume. You just assotiated the smell with the taste. Coffe, for example, smells different from how it tastes, but you linked the smell and the taste together so you think "coffee" as soon as you smell it. That doesn't mean they smell and taste the same. Not to speak of all the things that don't even have a noticeable smell, like, oh, I dunno.. BEER?

Have you ever had beer? Or maybe American beer has no smell (because it's crappy anyway), but the beer I usually think most certainly smells like beer. And if you have beer thrown over your clothes, and you smell them the next morning, they will smell like beer. Altough I do admit it smells different than it tastes.

missL1z 5

That sucks! I've been to one of those hotels, it's crazy how they play with your curiosity but you can't look at them for long. I think there is a grace period right?

Joseph_Stalin 0

classy, and your profile pic and name suites it.

ikickyourdog 0

maybe the 2nd bling was it uncharging you

i doubt it... if it was uncharging them it would be too easy to beat the system ex: i take wine, it charges me, i use the whole bottle, put the bottle back, it uncharges me see?.. the hotel wouldnt be stupid enough to make a system like that..

Amanyyyyyy 29

140- It went through the scanner twice. That's why at the grocery store you're not supposed to put your items with barcodes too close to the scanner, or they may scan more than once.

AudaciouslyInsan 0

Uuuuuum, helloooooo. You just bought it, you might as well take it when you leave and give it to a friend for a special occasion. Next time don't mess with the stuff in the mini fridge, you shoulda knew by now that they'd charge you regardless if you drank it or not.

Why should anyone assume that? I've never used a minibar myself, so I'd just as soon assume they'd check it after I left and charge whatever's gone to my bill. It makes just as much sense as guessing they'd charge you for taking something out.

AudaciouslyInsan 0

Yes, but they began to use technology to automatically charge then and there so the guest can't pull the whole, 'that wasn't in there to begin with, I don't have a clue what you're talking about.' Nice try though, time to get with the program.