By navygirl96 - 04/03/2015 03:54 - United States - Arvada

Today, I was expecting a card from my husband stationed in Japan, but he mailed it to my mom. Since I'm busy and don't see her much, she tried to help by mailing it to me. It's long overdue, and the post office never got it. The card came from Japan, only to get lost traveling from 30 minutes away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 616
You deserved it 2 741

navygirl96 tells us more.

navygirl96 14

Hi guys, I'm the author of this FML. To clarify I am not lazy or too busy for my mom. I work 10 hour night shifts and go to school. My mom is very sweet and was trying to help me out so I wouldn't have to make a special trip during my work week, and because she knew how excited I was for the card. My husband works 60 hour weeks so he probably didn't think about it. Thank you for the all the kind comments, many of you are very kind.

Top comments

I was expecting this to end with her mum reading a dirty letter from her husband

The Post Office is always misplacing stuff. -_- Hope it eventually finds its way to you.

Comments

The Post Office is always misplacing stuff. -_- Hope it eventually finds its way to you.

Steffi3 40

If the office never got it, maybe your mom still has it somewhere? Anyways, I'm sorry OP, that sucks

Anyone else think the wording of this is rather subpar?

Why? We understand the FML and it doesn't use unnecessary words.

I think #4 feels that this FML could've phrased it with a little better build up and punch line. Some FMLs are just very hilariously written, but this one's alright *shrug*

That's rough. Hope you get it soon, OP!

Don't worry, you'll have that letter soon :)

Insurance statistics say that most accidents happen within an hour from your home. Guess they were right.....

Can't you Skype with him or get in contact any other way?

Yeah but that doesn't mean she wouldn't love to receive the letter he sent.

yeah when I was stationed in Japan I loved getting mail from my loved ones I even saved most of them.

So **** her life cause she didn't receive a letter? Lmao, why the **** is everyone so insanely sensitive? Get the **** over it.

#62 I'm not sensitive I just sympathize with OP's situation. It's not like I'm starting a fundraiser listening to in the arms of an angel over it.

#62, you're a 16-year old kid. You don't know what it feels like to get a letter from someone stationed abroad, especially when it's someone you love. Granted, I don't know and I'm only 13, but I still sympathize. It'd be like getting a Skype from someone abroad, but more romantic. Besides, she waited long for it only to be lost. It'd could've contained important info. Maybe he was coming back sooner than expected or later. The letter could've contained anything; souvenirs, something personal, but the point is, the letter was important to OP. It may not be important to you, but it was sentimentally valuable to OP.

Ah, I'm sorry. Hopefully he sends another letter? Or you can send him one telling him about the loss of the other letter...?

Cozy_Blanket 16

That would be rather funny. "I'm sending you this letter, because I never received your letter."

you can get internet, and if chosen a cell phone, that works when stationed in Japan. They still should communicate but I guess she just wishes she had that letter

thats how it always goes, im in the service and if theres one thing that always gets screwed up its the mail

joli_bean 10

I'm also in the service, and that's not entirely true. I sent packages to my family from Korea, and we've never had a problem.

My husband almost didn't receive the laptop i sent him. The only reason he got it was because he pointed it out to the office staff. They had it in the "undeliverable" bin.