By Anonymous - 22/12/2013 06:17 - United States - Roseville

Today, I was helping my mom look for some money she'd misplaced. At my wit's end, I flipped through her diary, in case she'd hidden it between the pages as she has before. Didn't find the money, but I did find out she might well be cheating on my dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 393
You deserved it 8 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP if you took the time to read pages, that doesn't sound like "flipping through" to me.

UnluckyGenius 21

Maybe she flipped it up to a random page and there was a statement like "I fiddled with the gardener."

Comments

I don't see how flipping and reading are the same word

JMichael 25

Isn't your mom a little old to be keeping a diary?

skyeyez9 24

This is exactly why I never, or will I ever keep a diary. Someone will always find it and read all your private thoughts.

I've learned the hard way when I was 12.

Talk to your mum about it, and figure out what's going on. This isn't something to keep from dad.

OP confront it now. Don't let it go. I had suspected my dad was cheating on my mom but was too afraid to say anything and we all found out the hard way.

ctlnaaia71 8

You deserve it for being nosy. Flipping pages is one thing very different than reading every word. Shame on you!

I agree that it's really bad to go through other people's personal things like that, even if it was just flipping through, but I don't think that means OP deserved to find out their mom is cheating. Plus, OP might have just caught a few words which looked a bit dodgy and read on because of that.

Ihavegas 22
blue8delta 1

The only reason for anyone to keep a diary is that on some level they want someone to read it.

Why do ppl keep diaries of their rendezvous