By Lifeguard - 04/04/2009 19:03 - United States

Today, I was fired because a patron complained that she didn't like the way I kept staring at her kids. I was a lifeguard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 92 536
You deserved it 4 496

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You couldn't have explained that to your boss? All lifeguards have to watch the kids in the pool. It's part of the job description...

Comments

dg72592_fml 0

wow you guys ******* suck lol. so heated over a dumb little story.

glockjaw 0

Swardson's a baller for sure. He's hilarious in Reno 911! In the newest episode, when he was that new cops informant? Priceless!

@ #61 Haven't you learned yet that some people are just idiots?

Quinnjamin 0

Some people amaze me on how stupid they can actually be.

well, did you EXPLAIN to the boss that your a lifegaurd? Because your boss might be a total shittard. Explain WHY you were looking at her kids.

I'm a lifeguard too! I'm new at it, and i hope my boss would'nt fire me for something like that! I'm sorry for your bad luck! Try to get a lifeguard job somewhere else; on the application you can saythat you're good at keeping an eye on the kids in the pool!

LOL at 18. I agree with 36. @ #56 "Yo, nomadxx7, glockjaw, kennyboy. Chill the hell out! You're supposed to be commenting on this dude's FML, not getting into little internet pissing contests. If you disagree with each other, say it, but stick to the topic." I must disagree with you.. they were not little internet pissing contests... they were quite long... and irritating, but entertaining :) (btw - i'm being sarcastic in case you can't tell... i don't want to start a debate over this)

...and yes, to the OP... FYL. Find a better place to work. :) I've been a lifeguard, but I get stuff thrown at me, because I work at an outdoor pool, so i'm in a different boat. Btw, to all those who mentioned sunglasses, if the OP works at an indoor pool, he/she is not allowed to wear sunglasses. It's a general rule. Sunglasses are for outdoor pools where the glasses can help with the reflection of the sun, off the water. Just a quick note :)

People are getting way too paranoid about this sort of thing these days. I feel really sorry for men. They can't look at women without being knuckle-dragging pervs, can't look at kids (in a normal way) without being pedos. Next they won't be able to glance at an old person without being accused of being sicko granny rapists. Most men are just normal guys who like grown women. Makes me so glad I'm a woman!

wickedsick 0

Parents are ******* paranoid.