By Anonymous - 10/05/2015 13:47 - United States

Today, I was feeling pretty, so I wore a skirt for the first time in years. Two hours later, my thighs hurt from slapping together so much. I no longer feel pretty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 654
You deserved it 5 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey you should still feel pretty!!! It doesn't matter your size, that happens to several people even if they're the skinniest person you've ever laid eyes on.

I've heard that a plain stick of deodorant can help with chafing etc... You go rock that skirt!

Comments

Honey, believe me. Spanx are a girls best friend. No matter what size they are, unless they have a thigh gap.

I always wear shorts under my skirts so no worries about chafing or accidentally tucking into the waistband.

You might want to consider wearing stockings with a garter belt or a girdle. Back in the days of pin up girls, ladies used to wear stockings to keep their thighs from chafing. It's pretty tough not to feel glamorous when wearing stockings, and the 100% nylon types really make your legs feel silky smooth- and covers a bit of stubble if you don't feel like shaving.

MzZombicidal 36

For... Wearing an item of clothing?

bandgeek845 10

Do not stop feeling pretty! Rock what clothes make you feel comfortable and pretty!

Most womens thighs touch. It has to do with how fat is positioned on the female body (around thighs and belly, unlike males who generally have more straight legs) thanks to hormones, and has nothing to do with being fat in general. It is also related to body shape - I'm a "pear", what I think is one of the most common body shapes, so even when I was underweight and looked really skinny my thighs rubbed together because that's just where what little fat I had sat. Unlike my friend who was a clear "apple" and weigh 20 kilos more than me, being about the same height, but had really shapely legs and spherical torso. My favourite to avoid chafing are biker shorts. Your legs are still mostly bare, so you could use between-the-toes-sandals or run barefoot and enjoy the breeze on your skin. They also remove ALL worries about panties showing. I have some really pretty ones with lace around the edges.

I have that same issue. The bane of having thicker legs.

U should feel pretty. That just means that ur rocking the thunder thighs

At least you didn't start while in a skirt at school... that's never fun...

Don't let it make you feel unpretty. Your thighs will get used to that happening, and then it wont matter anymore. Even at my smallest my thighs touched, and I'm talking when I was a size four!!