By Anonymous - 24/05/2012 19:23 - United Kingdom - Sheffield

Today, I was eating lunch, and accidentally got ketchup on the sofa, so I hastily doused it with stain remover. The ketchup is now no longer there; however there is a larger stain in its place. I stained the sofa with stain remover. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 287
You deserved it 4 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Could it be that now that spot is actually just cleaner than the rest of the couch now?

Comments

comeatmebroo6254 1

Ironic... Try getting a couch cover if it really bothers you.

MuchDance90s 0

That sucks. Did you wipe the stain first, and then apply a damp cloth several times? Then add the stain remover, blot, and dampen again. That usually works. But sometimes there's nothing that will fix it :(

Well I wouldn't be buying that stain remover again...

We remove stains.... That aren't caused by us.

caplox 6

If you're a girl, that'd be awkward..since you were sitting there..and it's all red..

Ummmm no one else was thinking of that. Perv.

caplox 6

You obviously know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ketchup and period blood look different anyway... In my experience, anyway.

caplox 6

Yes, but of stain remover is applied, then the color would be a faint red.

Blood is usually a darker red though

I think there'd be something medically wrong with you if it was green!

Whenever I ask my girlfriend if she's on her period she usually says "No, I'm blowing a ******* rainbow out my pussy." I guess there's something wrong with her.

DKjazz 20

On Saint Patrick's Day you can get green ketchup anywhere.

wildsweetchild 19

oh..I've done that too.. that's why it says to test the stain remover on the small less visible area before applying. We learn best, the hard way.

Well, that's technically illegal, so I would call the company up and demand a refund and a new sofa. Sorry for your troubles OP. company's trying to make a quick buck....

Cuz it's obviously not doing why it's "supposed to do" and the company can be fined and have a refund if it happens to enough people.

Yes... But on the back of all bottles there are things listed that the stain remover should not be used for and also it tells you to "test" it in a small, unnoticeable area first... The reason this is all stated on the back is so someone CAN'T sue them.

But not all bottles do. Actually most brands these days tell u to just "spray on" and it will automatically clean it. OP did so. Why would they make it so it would stain? It's either stale or REFUND TIME!!! xD. But idc, ik u kinda won the argument, I'm not afraid to say it.

How is this illegal? It states clearly on cleaning supplies of any sort to test a small area that is not visible before using it on larger bits, just in case something like this happens. Some cleaners are not made for certain surfaces. OP may have used a carpet stain remover. Edit: sorry I said the same thing as Above :( my phone told me there were no previous responses to this post.