By warningxxLidell - 09/01/2010 06:45 - United States

Today, I was driving on roads that were bad from two days of snow. I spun my car out, and ended up half-way in a ditch. Thinking that I could push my car out of the snow, I got out of my car, landing in waist deep snow. When trying to get back in, I fell neck deep into snow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 676
You deserved it 6 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

epoh_fml 0

If you don't live where it snows, roads being bad after two days of bad weather will make no sense to you. Snow plows can only do so much. The roads are still left with a bit of ice and snow on them and it doesn't melt until it stops snowing and the sun comes out. Even with salt and sand down, roads can be trecherous. I live in CT where we have efficient plow crews, and I am still very cautious when driving for a few days after a blizzard. FYL OP. But the mental image is kind of funny :-)

Comments

Haha, wow, people on here with driving comments are funny - you either obviously don't drive or don't live where there are bad snow storms. Personally I live in Minnesota and know that even the most experienced drivers get into accidents on slippery roads after snow storms (yes, even if the snow plows have gone through, because they don't get everything). And even those with the big "heavy duty" vehicles get into those same accidents too, life happens. I clicked YDI only because it was stupid to think you could solely push you car halfway out of a ditch full of snow.

lolsan 0

Your clearly a retarded midget.

melissa1983 0

It's YOU'RE not YOUR. Who is the retarded midget?

lolsan 0

I lived in Alaska for four years and only slid off once!

There is one part of this FML that bothers me and makes me think it's fake, how is it that a heavy car didn't sink deep enough for the OP to realize that they could end up neck deep in the snow? That is one hell of a coincidence, there would have to be a pretty deep narrow ditch for the OP to end up in something that deep without the car ending up in it as well. Anyone who made any of the following types of comments is an idiot: 1. There shouldn't be much snow after only two days of snowing. 2. Only people who can't drive end up in ditches. 3. The roads should be fine after two days. 4. You have the wrong kind of vehicle to drive in the snow. I live in Nebraska, it snowed for about 6 hours here and we ended up with a snow emergency and over a foot of snow. Many places in the city had drifts that were taller than the average person. Anyone can end up in an accident when driving in snow, even good drivers can't know that there is black ice until they are on it. In most cases that is a little to late to do anything. It can take a week or longer for all of the roads to be cleared properly by snow crews (depending upon the amount of snow), and even once they are cleared they are still dangerous and slippery. Also while four wheel drive is ideal it is not the only way to travel in snow. Anyone who knows how to handle their car can get around in bad weather, yes there is a higher risk depending upon the type of vehicle you drive but the main difference is HOW you drive. I have a light weight car with front wheel drive, I have yet to be in any kind of accident or get stuck in the snow. However I've watched many people with four wheel drive make idiots of themselves when they flip their vehicle, roll their vehicle, hit other vehicles or end up in ditches because they thought that they could drive however they wanted.

six_one 0

nebraska is better and people in iowa drive like maniacs!!

Don't worry, when you start driving you will learn that the maniacs live on this side of the river as well. I am shocked at the way some people drive, especially in the snow. I've seen so many cars in the last week just run red lights because it was snowing and they had waited for all of 15 seconds for the light to change. Apparently even semi-bad weather is an excuse to ignore all traffic laws. Not to mention the number of people I've watched fish tail when taking corners, not signaling a turn and ending up getting rear ended because people behind them could not come to a fast stop... the list goes on and on.

Really I thought it was the other way around I've seen many a Nebraskan driving like a maniac go through Iowa's freeways .

Cheez_Mastah 10

Maniacs huh? Yeah, I guess I drive a lil' crazy too!

xllamax 0

Funny, because where i live in Australia it's about 40 degrees Celsius today and you guys are complaining about snow. But still that made me laugh.

why would you take your car outside , you only need it to get from the kitchen to the bedroom