By Chris - 11/01/2010 13:43 - Ireland

Today, I jumped into a pile of snow which had built up against a wall. Turns out it wasn't snow but a pile of cement covered by an inch of snow. I now have a 3 inch cut along my leg and a sprained wrist from falling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 656
You deserved it 29 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reyo 2

How is this a YDI? Like no one else has made that mistake? What ever happened to the old "Pile dead leaves around a fire hydrant" trick that you used against the neighboorhood kids you didn't care for? I'm doubting people have "see through snow" vision to predict this kinda stuff.

Comments

Guess maybe you should "look before you leap" next time. That's really unfortunate.

If the level os snow is not at the same height in the street all around, it's obvious that there's something beneath that's going to hurt you. So, YDI.

Actually, when snowplows push the snow to the sides of the roads, then the level of snow would most likely be higher than everywhere else. OP could've assumed it was something similar.

Exactly- piles on the sides of the road, not against the wall. YDI

Reyo 2

How is this a YDI? Like no one else has made that mistake? What ever happened to the old "Pile dead leaves around a fire hydrant" trick that you used against the neighboorhood kids you didn't care for? I'm doubting people have "see through snow" vision to predict this kinda stuff.

they have limbs, you could just feel and safe some of your "see through snow" vision

nygunns1 0

4 yea for real so many people don't think about the times they mad dumb mistakes like this. oh btw I never heard that one but I'll be sure to do that haha look for fmls in fall saying " I jumped into a inocent looking pile of leaves, turns out someone pile leaves around a fire hydrant " that'd be curistsy of this guy :)

When I read stories like this, I am all too grateful it never snows where I live :) FYL OP, and I hope you feel better soon. This FML shines a whole new light on the saying "Look before you leap" xD

I read '.. and a sprained wrist from failing'