By mrdentist - 02/12/2010 13:20

Today, I was cleaning one of my elderly patient's teeth. After finishing and reminding her to floss, I realised she had died. Supposedly she was dead for a good 20 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 836
You deserved it 5 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

well at least she will have clean teeth in her other life...nah but I agree **** her life "today, I was at the dentist having my teeth cleaned. I died, FML" haha

How could she write an FML if she was dead?

i doubt that this is true, or that you're even a dentist. most dentist's don't clean teeth, they check them for cavities when the hygienist is done cleaning. furthermore, if this was during the actual process of cleaning, there would normally be several times when you would say 'open wide so i can rinse with water' 'now tighten your lips'(when they use the mini vacuum to suck out the water and toothpaste) in the course of 20 minutes. In which case, if this were true, you probably would have noticed she was non responsive, and then noticed that she wasn't breathing. even if you'd just kept working, you would have noticed that her mouth was hanging wide open even after you stopped.

57- Maybe OP is a dentist and hygienist? :/ It is a recession. :P Also, I've had my teeth cleaned lots of times, and they've never said anything to me during it. There's also a good chance that OP was exaggerating when they said 20 minutes... I always do that unintentionally, anyway. And I don't think breathing is usually that obvious, OP might have assumed that the person was breathing out of their nose, slowly? I'm sure he wasn't exactly expecting her to die, and would have just continued assuming she was alive until proven otherwise, like the FML says. Although I wouldn't know...

My cleaning is always done by my dentist. It's hardly the strangest thing in the world. The assistant turning out to be a **** star was right up there on the list though...

bjkjr 2

douche. don't talk to me about being one.

thats the most selfish post ive ever seen the women is dead and all u can think abt is u having to clean her teeth oh well at least she would rocking it in the funneral so put a big smile on her

Hon, I don't think the 'cleaning her teeth' was the point behind this FML.

This is a sad tale - A little worrying that you didn't notice a patient had been unresponsive and not breathing for 20 minutes, especially considering you were working on her airway for that entire time! Also, why did you post this in the 'love' section...?

*goes to check* OMG!! Bahahahahahaaaaa!!!

now she has beautiful teeth ... in heaven

Luckysam1984 0

I have been around dead people and right after you die your bowels evacuate. How could you not notice that.

She's elderly so could have been using adult diapers