By mrdentist - 02/12/2010 13:20

Today, I was cleaning one of my elderly patient's teeth. After finishing and reminding her to floss, I realised she had died. Supposedly she was dead for a good 20 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 836
You deserved it 5 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

commonsenseppl 0

and that's why your a dentist and not a doctor

ho-lee- that would freak me right the **** out! I am so sorry for you

"Ma'am, you can spit now. Ma'am, spit. Ma'am?? Oh shit..."

wwerulez14 6

I can only imagine how OP reacted to the realization that she died. My reaction would likely be, "Well... Shit.". Doc, you said you were a surgeon; has anyone ever died on the table while you were operating?

Unfortunately, yes. There is a very small cemetery with my name on it. It doesn't happen often, but it feels awful, even if death was imminent. It's the nature of trauma surgery - you get some great saves, but you can't save them all.

I'm glad you do what you do doc, but I would really love to see a cemetery named DocBastard!

Ha! As long as it's a VERY small cemetery. My best save so far was a young firefighter who was shot in the abdomen. I repaired her diaphragm, stomach, and liver, I removed a third of her pancreas and her left kidney, and she walked out of the hospital in about 2 weeks. Those kinds of saves are rare (a few a year). But the ultimate gratification is when they say "Thanks for saving my life."

BonniBonni 0

omfg. This had me laughing for a good minute. fyl and fhl.

When I was young and just a bad little kid My momma noticed funny things I did Like shootin' puppies with a B B gun I'd poison guppies, and when I was done I'd find a pussy cat and bash its head That's when my momma said What did she say? She said "My boy, I think someday You'll find a way to make your natural tendencies pay" You'll be a dentist (Be a dentist) You have a talent for causing things pain (Pain) Son, be a dentist (Son, be a dentist) People will pay you to be inhumane (Inhumane) Your temperament's all wrong for the priesthood And teaching would suit you still less Son, be a dentist you'll be a success I'm sorry, I just had to post it. Please tell me someone else thought of this song.

snagglepaste 0
cupcakeyumzz 0

at least she died with clean teeth =D