By Anonymous - 03/06/2019 12:07

Today, while working as a waitress, an attractive woman sat at one of my tables. When she paid, I decided to be bold and write my number and "Call me" on her receipt. She put in a complaint to my manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 815
You deserved it 3 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WeirdUS 29

It's considered unprofessional to give your number out while on the job. You can't assume just because you give it out they will want it.

TomeDr 24

You were working so passing your number to someone was unprofessional.

Comments

TomeDr 24

You were working so passing your number to someone was unprofessional.

WeirdUS 29

It's considered unprofessional to give your number out while on the job. You can't assume just because you give it out they will want it.

It sucks being a lesbian, doesn't it? When the customer is of the opposite sex, a server giving his/her phone number is considered sexy and lucky, but when the customer is of the same sex, it's suddently unprofessional and grounds for layoff. If you ask thoughtful questions like "Did you read (insert name of a queer magazine) recently?" or "Do you plan to go to the Pride parade?", or check for a Pride bracelet or brooch, then you just look creepy or like you are pushing the gay agenda. Maybe there's a Grindr equivalent for lesbians somewhere.

WeirdUS 29

It's considered unprofessional no matter what your sexual orientation. It's generally frowned upon and if one does it there is some mutal interest expressed and not just giving out your number.

Uh, no. Yes, dating suck as gay people, but as a bi woman let me tell you I want neither my male nor my female waiter's number, because all I want in a restaurant is food. It's never professional and worst case you just made coming back for a customer so awkward you lost the place business. (I know this because I no longer frequent a place where a server did something similar. A man, btw.) So this one is actually not on homophobia, but yes lesbian dating/hook-up apps should be a thing. Unfortunately I can't code so someone else will have to take care of it.

bobsanction 18

Well boo friggen hoo for yoo. I gave my number to a girl once and her boyfriend threatened to kill me.

A move is considered bold if there are possible bad outcomes, so you certainly made one. You probably need to get your gaydar recalibrated.

Mungolikecandy 19

Giving your number to a customer may be taking a risk but people do not go to places to be hit on by the staff. In the same respect I am certain you dislike when people hit on you when you are working there.

You were there to work, and she was there for food service. The point I'm trying to make is that none of you were there to score dates.

Yeah, don't hit on your customers. Especially since it sounds like the only encouragement she gave you was...being pretty enough for you.

What an up tight b****! I’ve always found it flattering when someone finds me attractive enough to put themselves out there... man or woman and I’m straight! I mean come on! That would be a huge compliment! The lady could’ve let her down gently. Thanked her and kindly said she wasn’t interested or didn’t swing that way.