By ouch - 13/06/2012 16:00 - United States - Lutz

Today, I was cashiering, and a customer's change came to $5.51. She looked pretty stinking rich, so I just gave her $5.50. She demanded the extra penny, and I asked if she really needed it. She said, "No, but they do, asshole," and dropped her $5.51 in the charity donation box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 619
You deserved it 120 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why in the world would you not give someone correct change because they look rich?

I work as a cashier and you sound ridiculous. Why on earth would you not give her HER OWN MONEY because she looked rich?! Even though it IS only a penny, that is technically stealing, you ****.

Comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

If you're a cashier, you're supposed to give the customer their change back. You can't withhold change because they "look pretty stinking rich" or because you don't think that they deserve the money. YDI. And you'd also deserve it if she complained to the manager and you lost your job. Do your job right, you dipshit. It's not YOUR decision whether or not to give someone all of their change back or not.

I love this comment, it's so grammatically correct!

Hiimhaileypotter 52
sundayporch 2

YDI, no questions asked. I have no problem with a cashier asking me if I want my penny (considering most people, IME, don't), but they have no right to decide that for me.

olpally 32

way to go, op... every penny counts in this economy, especially if it's going to charity! YDI, don't judge people just because they look rich... jerk!

YDI. what would you do with a damn penny.

mollysticks 10

I look filthy rich and you know how much money I have? None! Cause in this family every penny counts!

luckyd880 12

That's just you being lazy op.

olpally 32

Nice profile pic, lmao... Op was just being an asshole rather than lazy...

jaystreet46 4

Don't encourage the bit€h.

JasbAngel_fml 2

Using because no matter how they "look" you should always give the correct change

JasbAngel_fml 2

I Meany YDI stupid auto correct

Bonzer 2

It could've helped you with "mean"

LOL 122. I think people are starting to use "damn auto-correct!" as a catch-all. In this case, it might've been true, as I can't prove otherwise- but if it was a mistake, people, admit to it! You're only human!

geod69 8

Just because you think they don't need it doesn't mean you can have it

its not your choice who get's proper change and who doesn't. your a dumbass!