By No thanks - 20/05/2016 00:06 - United States

Today, I was called a bitch and "freaky as hell" because I don't like watermelon. I'm sorry, but just because I'm black doesn't mean I like watermelon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 635
You deserved it 1 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't even know why those are stereotypes for us. Most people love chicken, kool-aid and watermelon. I'd say if you are gonna marginalize people for not likin those three, do it off the strength of the deliciousness of those food items. Not because of the color of your skin. Shame on you OP for being a HUMAN BEING who doesn't like watermelon.

That's so uncalled for, on top of being incredibly rude. I don't like watermelon either, but that doesn't warrant calling me a bitch. I'm sorry, OP. Try to take the high road, and move on... Holding a grudge will only let your anger fester.

Comments

Wizardo 33

Not everyone likes watermalooone and that's OK.

ChristianH39 30

My brother and I used to cry laughing at those vines.

But do you like chicken and grape kool aid?

Why so many downvotes? Is sarcasm lost on everyone, these days?

That's so uncalled for, on top of being incredibly rude. I don't like watermelon either, but that doesn't warrant calling me a bitch. I'm sorry, OP. Try to take the high road, and move on... Holding a grudge will only let your anger fester.

As a black female, I understand. I don't like watermelon, kool-aid, and prefer steak to chicken. I get called fake black or wannabe white often. I ignore it as my taste aren't dictated by my ethnicity or race.

Don't worry about it I'm VERY lightskinned (mixed) but you can notice my black facial features. Not everyone is gonna live up to a certain stereotype. How ever, I do love kool-aid, chicken, and watermelon..

Well I'm whiter than hell and I like fried chicken, watermelon and kool aid. If it taste good, then I'll eat it.

I mean, who doesn't love fried chicken?

I'm black and hate watermelon. Whenever I bring it up the person's eyes get wide and they go "REALLY?!"

I don't even know why those are stereotypes for us. Most people love chicken, kool-aid and watermelon. I'd say if you are gonna marginalize people for not likin those three, do it off the strength of the deliciousness of those food items. Not because of the color of your skin. Shame on you OP for being a HUMAN BEING who doesn't like watermelon.

Exactly, when I smell fried chicken I don't think racism, I think, "yum, fried chicken!"

Honestly, it is freaky as hell if someone doesn't like chicken, watermelon, or kool-aid. Those things kick ass no matter what color your skin is.

Watermelon was the first fruit black people were allowed to sell and buy on their own. It was basically a step toward freedom, but bigots chose to insult the achievement and mock the blacks

guess you can learn things here too. never knew that was the reason for the stereotype and I grew up in GA.

I don't like kool-aid or watermelon. Never have.

haxusthegrunnur 3

Watermelons were one of the first thing that free blacks could grow and eat, so it became a symbol of their freedom. However, it was later subverted and became a racist stereotype.

Sounds like whoever said those things had their speech center on shuffle mode. We all banana quixotic chair from time to time. Or maybe I just have too much faith in humanity.

The problem isn't you being black and don't liking watermelon, the problem is you claiming to be a sane human being and don't liking watermelon! D: No but seriously, they are morons. Not everybody likes the same stuff and you are certainly not a bitch because you are black and don't like stereotypical black stuff (which is bullshit anyway, I mean what the actual ****). Ignore them and continue to be your awesome self.

I think all people, regardless of race, should love watermelon...