By Anonymous - 23/12/2015 09:06 - United States - Pomona

Today, I was bitched out by my shrew of a mother for getting engaged, to a man. She's not homophobic, but rather pissed off because gay marriage is "trendy" and she wants me to be "above that nonsense". Hurray for love. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 940
You deserved it 3 728

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her she should celebrate Easter now rather than Xmas because that's to trendy

Well, informing her that she's actually homophobic will certainly ruffle her feathers.

Comments

Better let my sister know her getting married to her fiancé is trendy. They've only been together for five years, so I guess waiting another five when gay marriage isn't trendy, they can have at it... Your mom is dumb, op. I'm sorry she doesn't support you.

Wish I could wave a magic wand and change the world for you. I'm still waiting to be crowned Queen of the World, when I will make common sense common.

kampuchea 6

Well just be above that nonsense then. I mean HER nonsense. Congrats, OP!

I was pleasantly surprised to not find any homophobic comments.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Yeah, they got moderated and every reply to them was deleted.

Allornone 35

and it looks like the users that made them were banned. yay fml staff for keeping the the peace and general fun tone of the site. inflammatory hate is not tolerated

Congrats! Forget her, I'm sure she'll get over it.

And here I was thinking most gay guys have an above average relationship with their mothers. Sorry for stereo typing! Congratulations and I wish the two of you lots of love and happiness.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Many people who are gay are rejected by their families. Most don't have a relationship with their parents at all.

redheadedmonster 24

So sorry to hear your mom is being less than supportive. Hopefully with time she'll come around and see you two do really care for each other and you're not getting married just because you can. If not so sorry but don't let her mean spirit get in the way of a happy life with your fiancé. But Congrats Op couldn't be happier for you!

Congrats OP! Hopefully your mom will come around and be more supportive, but try to not let it get in the way of your happiness.