By Anonymous - 23/12/2015 09:06 - United States - Pomona

Today, I was bitched out by my shrew of a mother for getting engaged, to a man. She's not homophobic, but rather pissed off because gay marriage is "trendy" and she wants me to be "above that nonsense". Hurray for love. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 939
You deserved it 3 728

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her she should celebrate Easter now rather than Xmas because that's to trendy

Well, informing her that she's actually homophobic will certainly ruffle her feathers.

Comments

Congratulations, OP! Your mother is a moron! Oh, and I guess congrats on your engagement, too...

You can't please everyone. You make one person happy and two more hate you. Just try to talk to her about it OP and explain how it's not a trend. Congrats on the engagement!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The dude is gay and wants to be stabbed in the ass by another man, and his mother doesn't like it.

OP is a man who got engaged to a man out of love but OP's mother think he's just doing this because gay marriage is apparently a "trend" now.

OnlySkyrimStays 11

Just tell her it'll be even trendier when she's not invited to the wedding. Congrats, by the way!

TAntobella 14

Congrats OP! And just don't give a damn about her opinion! FHL!

I'm sorry dude but I can't blame her, she wants biological grandchildren. It hurts people to see their children turn out the way they did not want. Don't offer her insult because she doesn't agree with you, you could always just get out of her life if it bothers you that she won't support your lifestyle.

Is there any way you could possibly be more of a douche bag

I finally created an account after many years of silently lurking because this simply makes me so mad. 'It hurts people to see their children turn out the way they did not want'. How do you know what people want? I think I speak for the majority when I say that you want your children to be HAPPY and HEALTHY, no matter WHO they are with.

lolhailsatan 23

are you reading a different FML than everyone else? Where did it say that she is saying this because she wanted grandchildren?? And why are you acting like the mother is the victim in this?? She's a homophobe, plain and simple. A good mother would be happy for her son, not make him feel bad for marrying someone he loves. sheesh

Neither she nor any God she or others may worship gets any say in how the op lives his life.

You and your gf look like products of incest **** outta here.

Congrats, OP :) I wish you two a long and happy life together

Here's hoping she decides to calm the hell down before the wedding actually happens. Congrats on the engagement, OP.

i know im gonna get hella disliked for this but homosexuality is wrong

If being gay is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Ill teach you a little something about the real world. As a child there may have been only black and white in terms of good and bad, but as an adult you will learn most things are in shades of grey.

The only thing that's wrong is your ignorant opinion.