By Sam_Licker81 - 19/11/2009 16:41 - United States

Today, I was baking cookies and opened the oven door to check on them. Apparently, wearing a gold necklace means the wave of heat will burn your very fair skin. I now have a bright red ring of stars around my neck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 783
You deserved it 6 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

West coast redneck. The physics of this story is somewhat dubious if you are using a normal oven. Do not bake cookies in an iron smelter!

First I thought "YDI" but then again I'd burn myself for some cookies So, FYL. :P

Comments

This is why you should have just gone to the dark side. They would have GIVEN you cookies and you wouldn't have had to make them yourself! It must be a message from them.

I could see how this might happen if the necklace dangled down so that it was closer to the heating element than the rest of you (and thus burned you when you moved back and it touched your skin), but that only makes me question how long you stayed there staring at the cookies. Were you having some sort of baked-goods induced reverie? Eyes wide, vacantly staring at bubbling chocolate chips, mesmerised by the slow breathing of the cookie, puffing up and down .. up .. and down .... warm heat bathing your face, your mind intoxicated by some bizarre cookiephoria? I certainly hope so.

You'd think a woman would know better around a stove .

I guess you work in some magic kitchen where the laws of physics cease to exist. Heat transfer does not occur that quickly, even in something as small as your necklace. It probably got warm, but in order for it to burn you, you would have had to have the door open for quite some time and have your head in the oven.

englandtilidie 0

Also...it might be worth taking it off when drying your hair...if it burnt you just opening the oven, it'll burn from the hot air on the hairdryer...i found this out the hard way! OUCH! FML lol!

Some people pay for that kind of skin modification

it isn't physically possible for that to happen so quickly. unless there was conductive heat transfer which would basically require your face to be inside the oven. I wish people who embellished stories would be educated about the physics of what they claim happened...

:D At least you'll have an awesome looking tattoo on your neck now. Without all the pain of needles stabbing your skin rapidly :P