By Carolyn Burnham - 23/10/2016 15:23

Today, I was at the local drive-thru with my boyfriend. While we were picking up the food, the asswipe at the window thought it hilarious to copy the scene from "American Beauty" and pretend that we were a couple and that I was cheating on him. My actual boyfriend believed it and won't talk to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 054
You deserved it 1 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report then to their manager so they'll see how much they like losing something. Good luck with the relationship OP.

Definitely report to the manager. Although, were you not able to chime in? I would have just asked " What's my name?" " What car do I drive?" Anything that would made him look like a jerk? Your boyfriend though has jealousy or trust issues. Depends on how long you've been together I suppose. Sorry that happened to you!

Comments

Report then to their manager so they'll see how much they like losing something. Good luck with the relationship OP.

"You don't get to tell me what to do. Anymore."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

They did something knowing that it could break up a relationship. An argument at best, violence at worse. Personally, I'd team arsehole with ******* wanker.

Knowing that it'll break a relationship?? What? The guy is a jerk for pulling that crap but who the heck are you dating if they don't even trust you? Like flat out want to break up with you? That's just ridiculous. I'd be pissed at both but more at my boyfriend who is apparently supposed to be trusting me? That's common sense.

There's trusting and then there's trusting too much. If someone came up to me and said something suggesting my SO was cheating on me, it wouldn't matter how much I trusted them, I'm not going to just believe them at the drop of a hat because they say they didn't cheat. Because of course even if they did they're (probably) not going to say anything. If I didn't find anything suspicious then I would believe them.

nah, common sense is knowing that this had the potential to break a relationship up. I dare say that's why they did it.

That was the most idiotic thing I've ever read

#24, Don't be a rude a**hole now. You're not contributing at all.

#5, 9 & 14: Thanks for your comments. I realized I was being stupid about saying the guy isn't an asshole. #5, you're absolutely right that he was an asshole because no one should do something so inconsiderate like that since it couldn't lead to ANY GOOD. #9, I see your point that trusting too much is not smart. And #14, to be honest, the person seemed more like a fool and so it's hard to say if they intended the breakup or not. But anything is possible. In reality, the situation played out much different in my mind. My boyfriend has never given me any reason to doubt him. So imagining someone walking up to him and saying something like that - it sounded almost hilarious because it would be so untrue. I know the counter argument is that I would never "know" because cheaters obviously "hide their relationship". But like #9 mentioned, I learned from past relationships that unless my SO gives me a reason to be suspicious.. I wouldn't doubt them any further. But I should have thought about this situation from a completely general perspective because everyone is at different points regarding trust levels. While making my comment, I was thinking of relations around me. My parents for example would probably laugh at an outsider/stranger for saying something so ridiculous. They have before. I guess I'm so used to seeing that kind of trust/bond that I completely miscalculated. Everyone is at different stages and has their own lived experiences so it was wrong of me to assume. Also, I can really see your points on how this person was very out of place. Thanks again for explaining your points constructively. Appreciate it.

species4872 19

Some people will believe anything. Psst, the world's flat by the way.

Start dating the asswipe. He has a job and a sense of humor. At least on that second one, he's a step up from your ex-bf.

Oh, man. It's either a huge hit for you or a flat out miss for you, huh?

Definitely report to the manager. Although, were you not able to chime in? I would have just asked " What's my name?" " What car do I drive?" Anything that would made him look like a jerk? Your boyfriend though has jealousy or trust issues. Depends on how long you've been together I suppose. Sorry that happened to you!

dannidoll93 24

Since they were at the drive-thru he probably could have made a good guess at the car question

TheyCallMeDamien 17

No expects that BS out of nowhere.

Ya, I think I'd be so taken aback at that situation that it wouldn't occur to me right away to prove my innocence.

Michael978 16

If you want to assume the boyfriend had jealousy or trust issues, then there is no reason we can't assume she's cheated on him in the past. We shouldn't assume either since neither are stated in the comment.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

That mofo just likes causing drama. Return the favor and call corporate.

Contact the manager, explain what happened and contact head office, also get a call and a written apology from them, demand that the worker get disciplined

Am I the only one wondering why everyone's making the boyfriends trust the issue? For one the dude at the window pulled a dick move and two if I saw another guy I didn't know acting the way this window guy did I probably would be pretty pissed too.

Time to dob them in to the manager. What a jerk.

Melodyrain 20

i would've dragged him out of his little window .. wtf. What a terrible person..thats not a fun joke