By melody91 - 31/05/2013 01:54 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was at my nursing internship. After helping a patient get into bed, I began to walk out of the room when I heard him say to another nurse, "Now that was a king sized lady". To make things even better, she didn't understand him the first time and I got to hear him say it again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 663
You deserved it 5 004

melody91 tells us more.

melody91 8

Op here! I was happy to see all of the supportive comments I got, I was expecting a lot of negative comments from judgmental people and there were only a few. I am a bit over weight but I have been working on it, I've lost 40 pounds in the last year with 30 to go. I am also pretty tall for a woman (just under 6'). I'm still not sure if he was commenting on my height or weight (maybe a combination of both). The adorable 94 year old man who made this comment is very sweet normally, so my ego was a little hurt for a while but I decided to brush it off :-)

Top comments

KareBear7364 5
Pwn17 25

Queen it up! Show him who's boss!

Comments

The sayings of grandparents/elderly many times crack me up...but don't take it personally...there Is a possibility it could have been worse...

Well, I heard that-- "Everything's bigger in Texas." When I visited, I was shocked I didn't have to deal with compact parking spaces. And the Margarita!? Wow!

It makes me wonder exactly what the man was referring to...

avapaige1234 19

He could have at least said "Queen-sized". How rude of him.

that just made my day LMAO!! gotta love old people

Some people are just so ******* ignorant these days. There's this little thing called respect..

Lose some weight then. If you don't have time to exercise then just eat healthy. That means no soft drink, fast food, fatty food, dairy, eggs and meat. You don't have to stop all at once, just transition into healthy eating. That's what I did and I lost 15kg's.

I love how everyone assumes that because the OP is overweight, she must be unhealthy. I'm skinny as a wooden telephone pole and I've got more health problems than my younger, overweight sister, who has none. Overweight does not automatically equal unhealthy. The OP could be very healthy. We don't know.

If you're overweight, you can be healthier than lots of people, but you can't be truly healthy.

So why am I the one having to take various medications while my sister doesn't need even one?

Because you're unhealthy? I'm not sure I know where you're going with this...

Exactly. That was my point. I'm unhealthy, yet I'm not overweight. My sister is the opposite. Overweight, but doesn't have a single health problem. So explain to me how she is not "truly healthy" when I'm the one with the health issues, not her.

kurk626 11

she's not truly healthy because being overweight puts a strain on your body that can be avoided if you are the appropriate weight for your height and stature

I didn't say that if you're not overweight you're healthy. I simply said that if you ARE overweight you're not truly healthy.

My point was sometimes weight doesn't mean a damn thing. I'd switch places with my sister in heartbeat if it was possible and she, for whatever reasons, decided multiple health problems were better than being overweight. She certainly isn't the one who's been in and out of the hospital. That's for sure.

It actually does most of the times. Your own personal example is one of extremes. Neither extreme is healthly in any way. BUT obesity has been causing much more health issues world-wide in comparison to underweight issues. While your sister may not have any issues now, it is at all possible she will have somewhere in the future. But like with anything, just because it happens to you or doesn't happen to your sister, doesn't mean it isn't true.