By melody91 - 31/05/2013 01:54 - United States - Mansfield

Today, I was at my nursing internship. After helping a patient get into bed, I began to walk out of the room when I heard him say to another nurse, "Now that was a king sized lady". To make things even better, she didn't understand him the first time and I got to hear him say it again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 663
You deserved it 5 004

melody91 tells us more.

melody91 8

Op here! I was happy to see all of the supportive comments I got, I was expecting a lot of negative comments from judgmental people and there were only a few. I am a bit over weight but I have been working on it, I've lost 40 pounds in the last year with 30 to go. I am also pretty tall for a woman (just under 6'). I'm still not sure if he was commenting on my height or weight (maybe a combination of both). The adorable 94 year old man who made this comment is very sweet normally, so my ego was a little hurt for a while but I decided to brush it off :-)

Top comments

KareBear7364 5
Pwn17 25

Queen it up! Show him who's boss!

Comments

You don't worry about it honey! I bet he's a "little" man, if you get my meaning!

Let him lay there in his diaper full of shit a couple hours, he will appreciate a king sized lady.

melody91 8

Op here! I was happy to see all of the supportive comments I got, I was expecting a lot of negative comments from judgmental people and there were only a few. I am a bit over weight but I have been working on it, I've lost 40 pounds in the last year with 30 to go. I am also pretty tall for a woman (just under 6'). I'm still not sure if he was commenting on my height or weight (maybe a combination of both). The adorable 94 year old man who made this comment is very sweet normally, so my ego was a little hurt for a while but I decided to brush it off :-)

kurk626 11

it could have just been your height. as a female who's 5'10" everyone just seems to think that im an abnormality and i've heard my fair share of names for just standing there...and being tall. usually the people aren't aware of what damage they're causing so you're right to brush it off :)

He was probably mainly commenting on your height. Also, WTG! 40 lbs is a lot to lose. Sounds like you're doing great! :)

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Well if he's normally really nice then he was most likely talking about your height. I know that I've said "she/he is huge!" when speaking about someone who is really tall (well compared to me, I'm 4'11") and now that I read this I realize I probably should've specified and said "tall," not "huge." Yikes. I hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings... Also, congrats on your weight loss. :)

congrats on the weight loss. and I totally understand. I am six foot female. it can be very hard. I had a lot of issues with it growing up. most people's first reaction to me in public is wow you're tall! I respond with oh really? I hadn't noticed. lol.

Gwyddone 29

Good choice, with you being this tall, most likely he was talking about that you look like an Amazon:D Congrats for the weight loss, you go girl:)

If it's any consolation, most women in the Netherlands are about 5'10! Here you'd have a very average height.

Hey, so I too am a cna, male though. But the residents, especially the males, are hard like that. Plus, one day, you can be called fat and ugly by a resident, then the next day be called sexy thing by the same resident. It could be how long it has been since he took his meds, what his day was like, or nothing at all. Never listen when a resident tells you something like that. Plus, if I was at a hospital and needed help transfering, I would rather someone with a little extra weight since chances of both of us going down is less. Congrats on the weightloss though :) Hope that this helps boost your self confidence up.