By logic - 18/01/2016 15:16 - United Kingdom

Today, I was asked by my live-in landlord not to put too much water in the kettle because it made the utility bills too high. This is the same woman who takes daily baths. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 297
You deserved it 2 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

next time she asks you to stop, say you're boiling water to take baths the old fashioned way

The world is full of hypocrites and its our job to deal with them lol

Comments

You guys realise that a bath uses a hell of a lot more water than a shower, or say a wash using a filled basin, right? I'm pretty sure that was what OP was getting at.

Your pretty ******* stupid mate if you think a bath takes up more water than a shower

hey Einstein, I've an experiment for you. go to your bathtub, plug the drain, and turn the tap on full for 2 minutes. mark off where the water level was. drain tub, plug the drain again, and this time turn on the shower for 2 minutes. compare. if you still think you're wasting water...go flush the toilet and see how many gallons you've just wasted.

Reading FML today made me realise there is a difference in taking a bath and taking a shower. Coming from a hot county, I have always thought they're the same.

I don't understand how many morons are here saying showers use more water! Have you never put the plug in whilst you've had a shower to see how much the tub filled up? Unless you're in there for like an hour or whatever, it's not going to be anywhere near as full...

#81, I wish I could fave comments. I was literally about to say this myself. Showers use WAY less water than baths do. And I can prove it. My tub's drain isn't working properly, so it drains much slower than normal. (I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet because I have other things on my mind.) When I take a shower, the water pools around my feet and doesn't get much higher than my ankles. A bath, on the other hand, can go up halfway up the tub or more. Figure it out, people. Showers use less time AND water. Baths are a luxury, not a daily necessity.

Rammer3500 23

So its unusual to take a daily bath?

Just nuke your cup of tea., or fill your kettle from the bathroom tap... apparently it uses "less" water.

Baths use less water than showers (of course this depends on how much time you spend in the shower)

The world is full of confused people it makes me want to run head first into a wall.

Just curious to know... Don't you take bath daily?

Um its hygienic two have a bath every day

I don't understand this. Do people not have a bath daily? Is it rare for you guys to have a bath? I have a bath every night apart from maybe once a fortnight when I use the shower instead. It's not seen as a luxury like you're making it sound. Really not understanding here