By logic - 18/01/2016 15:16 - United Kingdom

Today, I was asked by my live-in landlord not to put too much water in the kettle because it made the utility bills too high. This is the same woman who takes daily baths. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 297
You deserved it 2 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

next time she asks you to stop, say you're boiling water to take baths the old fashioned way

The world is full of hypocrites and its our job to deal with them lol

Comments

I have a bath every other day, I'm perfectly clean and smell absolutely fine. However, maybe the landlady has to bathe every day because she has issues, I don't know. Showers would probably be more cost effective though, if that's what she's moaning about.

aeryn97 17

showers waste twice as much water or more.

Helldemon 32

Sure, if you take 40+ min showers...

Had a room mate blame me for the high electric bill because I left a light on when I went to work a few times... granted the 65 degree AC was clearly never the problem. Yeah moved out... I hope she gets some common sense OP and gets its not your few cups of water..

Next time explain to her that the water she uses daily for her baths equals half a year of you boiling a kettle each day... or don't bother, thank her for her 'advice', and do the math next time she complains about the bill.

zeffra13 31

Depending on how much she fills the tub, she's probably using less water than a shower. Especially if she would wait until a shower is warm to get in.

personal hygiene is not a waste of water, boiling a full kettle for one cup of coffee/tea is..

Last I checked OP was drinking the contents of the kettle which is essential to survival. You can only live 3 days without drinking. Last I checked we can live 3 days without a shower. It's just a luxury to feel clean.

truckers_wife 23

I totally understand. when we lived with my husband's parents his dad would complain about our utility usage too. he would constantly leave the TV on and not even watch it, but we we're wasting money by occasionally leaving the lights on when we left to go to the bathroom. and he would force us to hand wash dishes as soon as they got dirty to "save money" which required waiting for the slow water heater to kick on for every dirty spoon or dish instead of piling everything into the dishwasher at once and saving water and energy. and we were the ones that used too much water because we wanted to do more than just rinse off in the shower.

Redgy22 26

You could boil her leftover bathwater. The heat would kill any bacteria & the tea would cover up any unwanted "flavors" from her bath. I really don't see a problem here. ;-)

Mathalamus 24

um... that doesn't sound like what someone would normally do. also, if you used soap or anything, you cant do that.

That's disgusting. I bet you've never done that.

Redgy22 26

#59, good point. However to you & #It's called a joke. I feel sorry for you that you didn't get it.

am I the only one who doesn't see what's wrong here? unless she's fulling the bath tonextreme levels, but of she's not, bathing daily is kinda important yo

Trying to squeeze the 1/4 of a penny savings out of your tea kettle is insane. Taking baths, though, is not. Usually baths take less water than showers, and hygiene is important. Think of it this way, at least you don't have a crazy landlord who turns off the hot water if you take too long of a shower!

Baths dont take less water than showers! Why are so many people in the comments saying that? A bath requires on average 70 gallons whereas the average shower takes 10-20 gallons. Unless you're taking a 30 minute shower then a bath will always take more water!