By Anonymous - 13/12/2009 23:47 - United States

Today, I was accepted to college and received a scholarship equal to almost half the tuition. After sharing this news with my parents, I spent the next 35 minutes getting yelled at about how I wasn't allowed to go there because my boyfriend might go there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 782
You deserved it 2 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

screw them ur 18 now, or over, and you can do what you want. legally. fyl, but ur rly not in a bad situation

Wow, that's lame... Unless it was an easy college to get into. Then they might think he is the only reason you're going.

Comments

kickle127 0

haha this sounds like something my parents would do

MangeMoi_fml 0

Im assuming she's upset because her parents arent taking the news for what it is...they suck. Now tell them about the co-ed dorms and watch em go nuts.

What your parents really mean is that you won't be going to any college, since there is a chance he could go to almost any college. Also, don't forget that they decide where to pay for the beginning of your adult life, but you get to decide where you'll pay for them to spend the end of theirs. I see a cheap nursing home in their future.

Not that you know what you're doing at this time in your life; it's your life to do with what you want, so ultimately it's YOUR choice. If you are looking for the folks to fit the bill then you should be polishing their shoes and counting your blessings. If you are paying for it then take some responsibility.

boatkicker 4

There are a few people who at that age know what they're doing with they're life. Many don't, or will change their minds, but some really do know.

I assume you are, in fact, at least 18. Practise saying this sentence with conviction: "Get ******, I'm going."

Screw your parents. if they still don't let you go, tell them to pay the entire tuition fees for some other expensive college.

Next time find a boyfriend that has no goals in life so he won't go to college and there your problems solved or you could just live in your parents basement for the rest of your life.

elektrafox 0

that wasn't funny I am disappointed =/ just try talking to them it does suck that they are acting like that =( half is great to a 4yr college

Damn parents need to get used to the fact that their children are gonna have sex!