By booearns - 17/04/2012 03:47 - United States

Today, I visited my doctor upon coming home from University. I found out that I'm severely allergic to our pet bunny, which has resulted in a rash taking over my body. She suggested that we get rid of the bunny. I told my mom. She told me to come home less often. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 940
You deserved it 3 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Epsilonyx 15

Are you done with Uni or just visiting? Because it'd be a bit rash (hehe punny) to get rid of the bunny when you'll be leaving again! You could just keep it out of the way when you visit.

Comments

Sexy_Cat_MD 8

I'd choose the rabbit over the kid. If OP is allergic to the rabbit all she has to do is take allergy medication and ask her mom to clean up the place a bit before she stops by. OP doesn't live at the house and it's her mother's rabbit. I think OP is a selfish brat for assuming that her mom would just get rid of her bunny because OP is too lazy to take some damn medicine.

Antihistamines for the win! I know they don't make you completely better but they help. I live with two people who are allergic to animals, and they both work with them and have pets, they just have to take precautions. And kudos to the mum, hundreds of thousands of animals are in shelters because people don't plan ahead or think they can simply abandon them when they can no longer be bothered. OP isn't going to be homeless, the rabbit however will be. If OP is old enough to be at Uni the mum certainly shouldn't have to abandon her pet for a child that is perfectly capable of looking after themselves.

I guess bunnies are replacement of a child to your mom. :p bunnies are too cute to give away

That's a great idea! Oh wait that won't work because she's allergic to it!

You can't just "get rid of" a member of the family. What if your mom was allergic to you, and had a rash similar to yours due to it? She'd probably want to "get rid of" you, eh?

legit reason to not go home ever... lucky! when i got allergic. my mom just kept the bunny in the basement and made me stay home still... =S

That really sucks for you. Your mom probably has sentimental attachment to her bunny, though. It's hard to let go of pets. Maybe you can keep it in one room that you don't enter?