By Ellowise - 24/12/2009 10:06 - Belgium

Today, I used the tanning booth for the first time. Not only was I so white that I received first-degree burns all over my body, but I also forgot to remove my knee-high socks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 673
You deserved it 47 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At first I thought, oh that sucks, but then I read the high knee socks and decided that you're an idiot.

bluedoll 1

That sucks...but how do you FORGET to take off socks? Speaking as an ex-tanner myself, I know you don't FORGET to take off anything in those overly warm little beds. Oh, and YDI for tanning. I stopped because I learned about the health risks. If you have lovely, pale skin, keep it that way. Use a SELF tanner for color.

Comments

bluedoll 1

You know what being "first" says? It says, "Hi World, I have no life so I troll places praying I can be the first to write "first" down but I won't offer anything to the conversation. World, I am a loser and proud of it. FYL Loser."

Leave the poor kid alone. It's probably the first accomplishment he has ever made in his life.

Yall are ignorant. Tanning does increase the risk of skin cancer, BUT so does staying outside. If you take the right pre-cautions before getting in a bed, then you won't run into problems. If you stay outside all day at the beach you increase the risk of skin cancer. If you tan in MODERATION and apply lotion to keep the skin healthy, then you will be fine. Tanning also increases endorphins which creates a "happy" feeling in the body. Even dermatologists use UV radiation to cure some skin diseases. It also decreases acne. Yes there are those nasty leather looking ladies who have sunspots and lord knows what else, but it's because they tan EVERY DAY for YEARS. And have you SEEN the ladies who bake to a crisp on beaches? Beach sunburns increase the risk of skin cancer ten fold. So before you criticize people who tan, get ALL the facts.

saviisneat, maybe you should do some research before calling other people ignorant. Any natural tan at all is the skin's response to being damaged by UV radiation. Australian anti cancer council: "Tanning is a sign that you have been exposed to enough UV radiation (from the sun or solarium) to damage your skin. This will eventually cause loss of elasticity (wrinkles), sagging, yellowish discolouration and even brown patches to appear on your skin. Worst of all, it increases your risk of skin cancer." So if you need vitamin D, go out in the early morning or late evening sunshine. Otherwise, wear sunscreen and avoid solariums like the plague.

dear god, some smart people do go on this site! thank you, #90

no you are wrong tanning is bad for you period. tanning is stupid. It doesn't look all that good and it gives you cancer and you get wrinkles when you are 35. Look at black people tan. My parents are in their late 50s and don't have any wrinkles or any skin problems and no one in my extended family has that either. you know why we don't sit in the sun just to sit in the sun. that and black people have more melanin which makes us more resistant to uv rays. go black people.

safirestar09 0

No. Jeezy has to be an ass.

I tan very easily, just by staying outside for the day and swimming when I go to warmer places such as kelowna, but I don't give a crap about wrinkles. THEY ARE A FACT OF LIFE PEEPS!! GET OVER IT!! and tanning beds are retarded. if your not tan during the winter, that's NORMAL!!

lilhedz 0

82- what the he'll does a bed have anything to do with this????

At first I thought, oh that sucks, but then I read the high knee socks and decided that you're an idiot.

LMAO, I just imagined the guy in lederhosen and a greet hat when he mentioned the knee high socks. Lmfao! AHAHAHAHAHA.

Knee high socks are sexy though... but forgetting about them yeah idiotic.

How do your forget about socks, KNEE HIGH SOCKS at that?!?!

bluedoll 1

That sucks...but how do you FORGET to take off socks? Speaking as an ex-tanner myself, I know you don't FORGET to take off anything in those overly warm little beds. Oh, and YDI for tanning. I stopped because I learned about the health risks. If you have lovely, pale skin, keep it that way. Use a SELF tanner for color.

lololol, you learned about the health risks? it never occurred to you all on your own that baking yourself in a tanning bed wasn't the healthiest of past times? maybe you should have just stayed in there.

mj2123 0

You do realize that there was a time when people thought that being tan was a sign of being healthy. It may seem obvious, but not everyone knows that tanning is such a health risk.

YDI. Going into a tanning salon is like welcoming death.

dont you feel the socks on?? your a dumb ass

christttinaaaxo 0

exactly, YDI, pay more attention..

IzabellaBlack 0

Hey, smart one, it's you're, not your. As in, you're a dumbass.

Herbal_fml 0

"First degree burn". You just got a sunburn. Deal with it. And you're an idiot for not noticing the knee-high socks.

Hey, at least your lower legs and feet will have a lower risk of getting skin cancer now. I'm so sick of the tanning craze. I live in southern CA and going to the beach is like taking a trip to another planet. Orange is not supposed to be a skin color, people!!

the worst are when you get the girls with orange skin, platinum blonde hair (complete with black roots) and clown-like make-up the OP is an idiot, for using a tanning salon in the first place and also for the socks

Oh wow, I know exactly the kind of girl you're talking about...and it's even scarier when they're walking around a suburban Canadian town in the middle of February, when there is no possible way they could be THAT tan even in the summer.

That's horrible, tanning beds are terrible for you! Time to get your skin checked!

deathburger13 0