By Magilla - 16/02/2011 18:53 - United States

Today, I underwent several cardiac tests involving heart monitoring nodes placed all over my chest. The lab techs didn't pre-shave the areas and yanked out big clumps of chest hair as they removed the 10 nodes. They laughed, and said it could take up to a year for the hair to grow back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 091
You deserved it 4 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hair will grow up really fast. They told you 'a year' just for fun I guess.

Comments

I'm guessing you're still trying to grow your high school mustache to go along with your chest hair..... bahahaha......

I don't believe that it'll take a year. Waxing wouldn't take a year to grow back, so why should this?

They laughed? Yeah they're evil monsters who take pleasure in tormenting and abusing patients. Or maybe they were trying to lighten the atmosphere and make you feel better. Grow the **** up OP and don't be such a whiney brat.

I would really recommend not going back to those DR's. The "nodes" are actually called electrodes, and they are used to measure the electrical activity of the heart. If they didn't shave your chest before putting the electrodes on, they wouldn't have gotten a very clear signal - since hair and dirt interfere.

You really think doctors apply EKG leads these days? Even some nurses can't be bothered to do it, so we need "EKG techs."

I do that sometimes if a patient is high, drunk, or just being a jackass. Never screw with the people in charge of your well being...

Fairypower, you are right. I would hate it if my husband got rid of his chest hair. I love the way it feels and the way it smells like him and his cologne combined; that's why I love to lay on his chest.

That's not true AT ALL. I work for a wax company. The hair starts to grow back in about 2 weeks with normal hair growth. At the most you would see growth in a month... But chances are it'll be fully back in 2-3 months. Not a year.

meowmeowwkitty 0

nothing worse than "splotchy" chest hair!! that's obvious... hope it's not hot out wherever you live and can keep ur shirt on ;)