By OzzyWannabee - 20/02/2015 08:12 - France - Issy-les-moulineaux

Today, I tried to overcome my shyness by warmly greeting the bus driver while entering it. I instead blurted out really loudly the words of the song my iPod was playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 007
You deserved it 7 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SaharaZinc 14

Think of it like this, those people will never see you again.

Comments

megalodonftw 3

Maybe you should remove your headphones before trying to initiate conversation with someone. Even if it is a simple greeting. That looks rude and insincere.

Usually take out an earbud if it's a brief greeting. No sense in shutting off my entire phone and putting earbuds in my pocket if I'm just saying hello to someone.

buttnut 1

social anxiety sux. i feel you, op. hopefully this is sonething they look back at and giggle about fondly.

Where are your manners??? Unplug your headphones when you are talking to someone! Sheesh!!!

If it was a good song they might have joined in. Try "Another one rides the bus" by Weird Al.

Haha, the dreaded brainfart strikes again. I hate it when that happens. FYL OP

Were you listening to 'hail to the bus driver' by any chance??

That happened to me once, but I was attempting to greet the conductor of a Crazy Train.

At lease it wasn't some "Call Me Maybe"

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

Oops. Good effort though. Maybe next time. Just keep at it. I try to smile at people I pass when walking somewhere to work on my shyness. It's a good place to start.