By jking2z - 13/03/2015 22:39 - United States

Today, I tried to boycott an 80's theme party by wearing my regular clothes. Everyone said they loved my costume. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 389
You deserved it 19 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you go to a costume party if you are going to boycott the theme?

Eyalsh 32

boyocotting by taking part, because logic. ydi.

Comments

Why would you go to a costume party if you are going to boycott the theme?

they are probably trying to be rebelious, or stand out in the crowd

Maybe the other guests saw what he was trying to do and decided to completely ignore his boycott attempts by giving him compliments on his "costume"?

Because they want everyone else to know how much of a unique snowflake they are.

Yup for sure OP is a hipster. Damn hipsters.

Eyalsh 32

boyocotting by taking part, because logic. ydi.

I agree. OP is a party pooper. Why go to a party with a theme just to not participate in the theme? All it does is ruin other people's time.

What about the party did you find boycott-able? Was it the fact that it was 80s themed? Because that's a little odd.

Yeah people who choose to boycott something in order to get attention and still eat all the free food are such assholes.

Steffi3 40

Looks like you need some new clothes!

This doesn't make since. Why the hell would you not just wear a costume to the party?

Maybe they didn't have the money for it. Maybe they are tired of 80's themed parties. That is totally legit. But "protesting" is just rude and stupid.

Today I tried to boycott fun and it didn't work. Now I am going to cry myself to sleep because nobody let me take a dump on their joy. Seriously? YDI. I didn't take part in a family ugly Xmas sweater party because I had no money and have enough self esteem issues without making myself wear something ugly. I got party pooper presents and I deserved them. I would do it again but I sure would never FML about it.

Scrooge! And also time to update your wardrobe....

Cozy_Blanket 16

I like your style op. Boycott a party by going to it!