By ilovechickens - 15/04/2012 03:46 - United States

Today, I tried to be kind to animals and get my dad to buy cage-free eggs. When I told him it was dollar more, he started yelling and making a scene in the middle of the store, saying that chickens are ugly and they deserve to suffer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 783
You deserved it 6 545

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well if you're so concerned about it buy them yourself...not to sound harsh but your dad obviously isn't on board

unicornfairy 0

Chickens are not ugly! They are cute.

Comments

JOEGERNAUTT 1

You all do realize the OP of this thread backed down from his argument, right? Why are you all still harassing him?

I have to agree with 23 on this one the world doesent revolve around humans I think all life is equal every animal has feelings so why support cruelty?

104, I'd agree if their sentence wasn't: "Nothing you say or do will change the way I think or the way I conduct myself. " It implies there is no possibility in which their mind will be changed, rather than: "Nothing you have said will change the way I think or the way i conduct myself."

When did it become okay for money to be more important than compassion?

Aw! That stinks OP! But for everyone who is wondering what the big difference is, even if you don't care about animals at all, free range eggs are south healthier! I guarantee if y'all watch Food Inc. or something like it, you'll understand why people care how animals are treated!

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Civilization runs on economics, not love and hugs.

FYL for your dad making a scene in the middle of the store.. But I'm leaning towards a YDI as far as expecting your dad to pay extra for the eggs. The way I look at it, just because you spent your money on cage free eggs, the caged chickens aren't benefiting. Being a realist here, You're not helping animals. It's really only a mental thing that keeps people buying cage free eggs.

My point exactly! The chickens whose eggs are already there have already suffered. It's not going to stop not even a little cage free or not.

The suggestion is that if we all only bought cage free and no one purchased the caged ones then the farmers would be forced to change how they keep their chickens. However, this reminds me of the gas station strikes and I'm pretty sure that never worked.

jaibrookscarrot 0

Sorry. But this is hilarious :')