Cart Narcs will get ya!

By May - 10/01/2021 20:01

Today, my dad forced me to leave my empty shopping cart in the middle of a store, rather than return it to the corral. My dad’s word is law, and all I can think about is how much of an asshole I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 852
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's no big deal. An asshole would load up the cart with ice cream and ditch it in the pet food aisle.

tounces7 27

Why are you worried about that? Carts left in the store are no big deal, shoppers will grab them and use them pretty fast. Generally people are more worried if you leave it in the middle of the parking lot.

Comments

That's no big deal. An asshole would load up the cart with ice cream and ditch it in the pet food aisle.

anomynous 11

As a retail worker, I confirm that that is indeed a million times worse than leaving an empty shopping cart in the middle of an aisle. Don't worry too much, op!

tounces7 27

Why are you worried about that? Carts left in the store are no big deal, shoppers will grab them and use them pretty fast. Generally people are more worried if you leave it in the middle of the parking lot.

Honestly, there have been probably a dozen times I walked in thinking I needed one item but needed a cart mid store. I LOVE finding a stray empty cart. Don't fret OP. Empty carts can be used (and when I worked retail, it helped me toss in misplaced items on my walk to the front!)

Grow some balls... You're your own person and can choose whether or not to be just as shitty as your dad.

seductivesoup2 5

I assume they're still living in their parents house. From the sounds of this, the dad would kick the kid out for just having a differing opinion than him.

KookieLove666 15

Hate that for you, my mom bitches me out for not running red lights in light traffic so I feel your pain.

Hey, you're listening to your dad and that is not an asshole-ish thing to do