By anyoi - 25/04/2012 22:43 - United States - Rocklin

Today, I took my boyfriend to meet my parents over dinner. During the meal, he excused himself to the bathroom, and when he didn't come back after a few minutes, I went to check up on him. I ended up finding him in the living room, pocketing a pack of ambien from my mom's bag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 310
You deserved it 3 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KatherineAnne 7

You sure know how to pick um! Haha

chick92282 15

And then you broke up with the thieving little slime, right? PLEASE tell me you broke up with the @ss!

Comments

Epsilonyx 15

Maybe he just has an addiction...talk to him about it and help. People like that need someone to stick with them rather than leave them haha.

Sorry, but if the boyfriend has an addiction, that's his problem, not OP's. I stuck with a guy who had drug problems for 3 years, and all he ever did was get worse and make my life worse because I was his crutch. If OP really wants to help her boyfriend, the best thing she can do is leave him.

75 not really..what's that going to teach him?

He isn't saying that op should stand by the boyfriends theoretical addiction but that she should help him to overcome it.

siickman 7

Wow i said the same thing in a comment of a comment and its get voted down, and so will this because thats how you guys roll. ****.

It'll teach him that his addictive behavior won't be tolerated. That's the best way to help him. You can't proect people from the consequences of their actions b/c then they never learn. If OP lets him get away with it this time, he'll do it again & next time the consequences could be far worse.

But the main concern is that OP look out for herself. A person like that can only make life difficult for the people close to them. If he were her husband or her brother, it would be worth the trouble to help him, but since he's just a boyfriend, she's likely to get nothing but heartache.

Epsilonyx 15

I think people learn. That's the basis of my life, though, so idk if it's just me. It's still nice to know you did something even if it's detrimental to you.

That's the whole point! If she lets this slide, he won't learn and if she dumps him he might. If she stays with him not only will it be detrimental to her but he'll only get worse. You can't help an addict by dating them. You help them by checking them into rehab.

Whatever. That's dumb. Let somebody fix him who can.

Lol....gracehi.... You are judging people by looking at one person it is not fair and you are worse than you're bf...what did you do to help you're bf get off drugs..? Stop bitching and look at other ppl's point of view.

#119. Obvious troll is obvious, but since you ask I'll tell you what I did to help my ex husband (not my boyfriend fyi). I gave him job applications which he never filled out, made him therapy appointments that he never showed up to and showed him unrelenting love and affection.

How did my husband respond to this? He stole my money & possessions to support his addiction (including my gun which almost got ME arrested), slept around like the crack ***** he was, and strangled and bruised me when I stood up to him. It starts out small but escalates to a miserable life.

It's called the disease of addiction for a reason.

Did you at least show him where the rest of the pills are?

He was trying to steal sleep medicine? I don't know who to feel more sorry for; you or your weirdo boyfriend.

ambien just so happens to make you trip balls if you take them and stay awake. so that's why he was taking them. Or maybe he is just weird.

kirrra 11

what a great first impression he would have made if someone else had walked in..time to find a decent guy op

What a swell guy. I still wouldn't bet on the prospect of him having Insomnia though.

perdix 29

Wow, you are in for a wild night of sleep-sex from your bf while your irritable, insomniac mother rages about the house. Your dad's one lucky guy :)

I was thinking of all the prescription drugs to steal he steals a sleeping pill. She should dump him because he does not steal the good stuff of for no other reason.

pinkcrayola 0

43 have you ever been on ambien? I don't advocate stealing it from someone else's parent, but it's one he'll of a trip

I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU RIGHT NOW FOR YOU AND YOUR MOM BECAUSE TAKE SLEEP MEDS TOO.

Yep, those ambiens are not going to save him from the hot sun and lack of water.

Good thing you found out now he's a theif instead of later. Saved wasted time.

Lol this is not end of the world stop making a big fuss